Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-01-2021, 13:03   #1

Instrument Pod

Replacing ST60 Wind Instrument with an I70. Instrument pod located over companionway (see attached picture), pod is 20 years old, no info on who manufactured it, the end caps cracked the last time I pulled the pod apart, I used super glue to hold the pieces together. Anybody know who may have manufactured the pod or is it a custom Sabre product, or anyone know a manufacturer that has a similar product ???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3289.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	418.0 KB
ID:	230569  
Pete402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 13:11   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: Instrument Pod

Pretty certain that is either the yacht manufacturers panel or even something the previous owner came up with.

There is a firm called scanstrut that make expensive similar models. Worth keeping an eye on e bay and local listings for second hand ones that often come up. I bought a single instrument one and imported it from the US because it was cheaper than buying a new one locally.

Alternatively, this might work with a bit of fiddling

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402597511555
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 14:15   #3

Re: Instrument Pod

I had a somewhat similar problem with a Navpod that was originally fitted to my sailboat. While it was made by Navpod, it is a discontinued model, which meant that finding a replacement top cover for my badly cracked one with a wrong sized hole left by the PO was not possible. Instead of replacing, I took the top cover off, added extra fiberglass on the back and everywhere the cracks were present. Patched the holes from all instruments. Did 3 coats of new gelcoat on top, sanded, buffed and then cut new holes. Looks brand new right now. yea, it cost me about $50 in materials and 4-5 hours across two-three days, but it was worth it.
George_SD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, rum