Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2022, 11:16   #16

Re: In Hull Depth Sounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madehn View Post
i am trying to replace my ancient and now defunct Navman 3100 depth sounder- it had an in hull transducer, not a thru hull. I would like something similar ( dont want to cut yet another hole in the boat-- this will be for a backup system- the raymarine i50/i60 is the primary. I tried a cheap unit by hawkeye that they claim can shoot thru the fiberglass hull- got what i paid for and so far their service has been terrible despite hyping it in their ads and website. so to recap i am looking for a recommendation for an in hull depth package that can shoot thru a pretty thick fiberglass hull. type of display is not hugely important at this point- just want something dependable and that hopefully does not break the bank- anybody got anything.
Over time I have installed a few through hull depth sounders
Finding a location,as in an other post re this issue, using a bag full of water , works
However once I have a spot I sand off the gell coat, sand the transducer slightly and bond it in with clear epoxy, make sure the device points in the correct direction
c.K. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
depth, depth sounder, hull