Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2022, 12:10   #1

ICOM Pin Color Code????

I recently bought a Hunter 41ds, which has an ICOM M424g VHF radio and a ICOM HM-195B Commandmic. I initially thought they were connected but nope, the previous owner was in the process of the setting it up and didn't finish. So, once I pulled the panel I find that the previous owner was trying to wire the 8 pin connection from the back of the VHF radio to a 10 pin COMMANDMIC attachment at the pedestal. I completely get why he tried to use the existing wires and not try to run one of ICOMs new connector wires. Has anyone tried to jerry rig this.

Can't find a wiring diagram on-line and I called ICOM and they said they couldn't help me because the commandmic cables are sealed.

Thanks much!
SailingSeneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2022, 18:36   #2

Boat: Lancer 27PS
Re: ICOM Pin Color Code????

Sorry, don't have the color code. But... if the cable at the pedestal is connected to the radio, and, if you have a pin out of what the mic is suppose to control, then, you have a better chance of tracing what does what.

You can get the pin out here. At least that will get you started. Can you take the microphone apart? That might also help if you can trace the internal wiring.

Good luck.

Oh... Icom is lying and do not want to help you. They just want you to buy another microphone + the 20 foot cable that are both over priced. But, isn't Standard Horizon made by Icom? Maybe you might find come commonality with the colors. Just a thought.
Brian.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2022, 19:22   #3

Re: ICOM Pin Color Code????

This document purports to be the pinout and color code for the extension cable. Found in a random Internet forum, claimed to come from Icom, but cannot verify. Would try to tone it out to the fixed end to see if it makes sense.

OPC-1540 Wire Layout1.pdf
HeywoodJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
icom