Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-10-2012, 11:07   #1

Heart freedom 10 inverter with link 2000r

I have a heart freedom10 inverter with a Link 2000r remote. This has been very reliable and has been installed in the boat for 15 years but has only had short periods of use. Presently the system has shut down from the AC shore power. No faults have come up on the remote Link 2000r system. The battery voltage is good. I started up the inverter which ran in idle mode and up to voltage as soon as load was applied. So everything seems alright there. The heart unit is difficult to work on because of the installation location. I have read the troubleshooting guide and wondered if my problem might be the small fuse F2, blown or needing a new spring. In the last 2 weeks the unit has preformed perfectly the batteries have been charged and equalized,
without any problems. When the units shutdown there was very little load on the system the batteries were on float. Shore power was connected, the inverter was off. The 30 amp trip did not trip. I would appreciate suggestions please. Shall I take the lid off and investigate fuse F2?

Thanks

John
SY Arawak
Trinindad
pearlseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 12:12   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlseeker
I have a heart freedom10 inverter with a Link 2000r remote. This has been very reliable and has been installed in the boat for 15 years but has only had short periods of use. Presently the system has shut down from the AC shore power. No faults have come up on the remote Link 2000r system. The battery voltage is good. I started up the inverter which ran in idle mode and up to voltage as soon as load was applied. So everything seems alright there. The heart unit is difficult to work on because of the installation location. I have read the troubleshooting guide and wondered if my problem might be the small fuse F2, blown or needing a new spring. In the last 2 weeks the unit has preformed perfectly the batteries have been charged and equalized,
without any problems. When the units shutdown there was very little load on the system the batteries were on float. Shore power was connected, the inverter was off. The 30 amp trip did not trip. I would appreciate suggestions please. Shall I take the lid off and investigate fuse F2?

Thanks

John
SY Arawak
Trinindad
Having taken the lid of the heart interface. I found 2 small glass fuses by the transformer and the small circuit board. These both check out ok. I was a little surprised to find 2 fuses. As the trouble shooting guide only mentions one. These look to be the size 1/4 amp of the fuse that was mentioned in the trouble shooting guide as F2. As they are both ok I am now stuck with my next step. Any suggestions welcome.

John
SY arawak
pearlseeker is offline   Reply With Quote