I think this a good idea for those situations where you have access to a cell tower. I installed a $15 per month hot spot from verizon that gave me 15 gig of data a month. I then installed a 3 camera
Amazon blink camera
system and used the hot spot for connectivity. The blink system costs $150.
1) Anytime anyone goes on my boat
I get a notification on my phone
2) I can see video of the intruder and have it recorded on my phone
3) I can talk to the intruder through my phone and can not only see what is going on but can hear as well.
4) Cameras are battery
powered for about 2 years and are very configurable.
5) Cameras work
well in the dark and the clarity is amazing.
6) System uses very little data (about .5 gig a month) as it streams data only when activated by motion.
7) I can check in on my boat
real time anytime I want. (Is it still there?)
8) I can activate the security
system remotely from my phone.
9) I have two cameras in the cabin
and one on the back arch.
10) I can retrieve the video and send it by email
to the police.
11) I plugged the blink master controller and the hotspot into usb and use the battery
for power. Both units use practically no power.