Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2011, 19:37   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwarner View Post
@Chipg- FIVE! I am in awe! I can only dream of the day.... (what do you edit with?) It's only a semi-hijack when you still talk about the same camera, right?
One of my companies is involved with broadcast tv production so i have a large assortment of cameras, audio equipment, editing systems and grip gear. Lots of crews have been using gopro hd for b and c cameras for Discovery Channel, History etc.

When I was at NAB in Vegas last year they had a promo at the go pro booth for $200 each, limit 5 so I bought 5.

My editing systems are Avid Media Composer systems, don't buy one, they are over kill if your not in the broadcast production biz and they have a very steep learning curve but since i also have Avid installed on my laptop it's what I use.
Chipg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 19:43   #17

Quote:
@Chipg- FIVE! I am in awe! I can only dream of the day.... (what do you edit with?) It's only a semi-hijack when you still talk about the same camera, right?
If your on a tight budget check ebay for a used one for $150, they come up from time to time, you should be able to use it for 6 mnths and sell it back on eBay for about what you paid.
Old 14-02-2011, 19:54   #18

Boat: Tartan 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipg View Post
If your on a tight budget check ebay for a used one for $150, they come up from time to time, you should be able to use it for 6 mnths and sell it back on eBay for about what you paid.
or just keep it...

You can sign up for their affiliate program and get half off your first camera. but that requires you sign up with an external affiliate service, you must have a working website, and they have to approve you. Thats how i got mine... haven't sold one yet
Click here if you want to buy a gopro OR sign up for there affiliate program
Old 14-02-2011, 20:10   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmecrazy View Post
or just keep it...

You can sign up for their affiliate program and get half off your first camera. but that requires you sign up with an external affiliate service, you must have a working website, and they have to approve you. Thats how i got mine... haven't sold one yet
Click here if you want to buy a gopro OR sign up for there affiliate program
Thats really good info, id think cruisers with blogs and cool videos would sell lots of them.

Thank you!
Old 14-02-2011, 20:38   #20

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran
The appear the best priced genuine underwater camera around. Not having any zoom on lens is a limitation but the wide angle is most important for underwater action anyway

Even for a professional underwater video photographer it would by perfect as a backup on their main housing.

Could not go wrong with one.
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 21:05   #21

Boat: Swan 56
Does anyone know where I can get hold of one in Hong Kong? Mong Kok?

GoPro won't ship to Hong Kong for some reason, and I can't find a reseller here
bewitched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 03:33   #22

Boat: Tartan 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewitched View Post
Does anyone know where I can get hold of one in Hong Kong? Mong Kok?

GoPro won't ship to Hong Kong for some reason, and I can't find a reseller here

I'd try ebay, most of the sellers are listing "worldwide" shipping. Definitely contact the seller and confirm first before buying.
Old 15-02-2011, 04:28   #23
Marine Service Provider

If you want to try a video editing application that does a great job, try downloading a trial of "Vegas Movie Studio." Quite impressive and not excessively complex to use. Great for adding music and mixing tracks from multiple angles that have been taken at the same time.
ausaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 06:31   #24

Boat: Cabo Rico
Wow... Sounds like a no-brainer to me. I had never even heard of the thing until I saw an internet ad last night and posted to find out if anyone had used it. And there are 22 replies this morning - all positive. Sounds like I'll be buying one right away.

By the way, at the boat show I saw someone selling a camera bracket that rotated to stay level when the boat heeled. I have no idea who the company was - I think it was a small outfit that had just created a custom sailboat camera holder. Anyway, it sounds like it would be good for this camera.
PamlicoTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 09:08   #25

Boat: a sailing boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamlicoTraveler View Post
(...) there are 22 replies this morning - all positive. (...)
I have always been of the opinion that the s.c. quick reading skills are c... .

;-)))

barnie
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 11:40   #26

Boat: Morgan Classic 41
"By the way, at the boat show I saw someone selling a camera bracket that rotated to stay level when the boat heeled. I have no idea who the company was - I think it was a small outfit that had just created a custom sailboat camera holder. Anyway, it sounds like it would be good for this camera."
The gyro mount sounds neat, if you find out a link for it, post it or send me a PM. I'm getting ready to try and construct something that does the same thing using a sk8 board wheel and a long bolt along with some cleverly designed metal angle mounts. Having to put it temp. hold while I move. Buying an reasonably priced setup would be good!
mjwarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 14:33   #27

Another NLE that works well with the GoPro is Kdenlive - and I do have a script somewhere to make it work with Final Cut Pro and Avid via intermediate codecs.
st599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 23:10   #28

Re: Go Pro Camera - Reviews ?

Quote:
"By the way, at the boat show I saw someone selling a camera bracket that rotated to stay level when the boat heeled. I have no idea who the company was - I think it was a small outfit that had just created a custom sailboat camera holder. Anyway, it sounds like it would be good for this camera."
The gyro mount sounds neat, if you find out a link for it, post it or send me a PM. I'm getting ready to try and construct something that does the same thing using a sk8 board wheel and a long bolt along with some cleverly designed metal angle mounts. Having to put it temp. hold while I move. Buying an reasonably priced setup would be good!
What are you guys trying to shoot? I might know of a cheap fast solution.
Old 25-02-2011, 00:20   #29

Boat: Hartley Southseas 39 - Rhombus

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Used one back in 2008. It was c... .

There are decent waterproof cameras from most any maker.

b.
I have used a few waterproof cameras, (olympus, panasonic) and yes they shoot underwater and have a view finder for play back (kinda handy) but for rugged extreme use you cant go past a go pro.

Also the spare parts and extras are cheap as, so they are kind of encouraging you to play hard and use the camera to the extreme.
well worth the money.
Jdiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 01:22   #30
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipg View Post
What are you guys trying to shoot? I might know of a cheap fast solution.
ok, what is your idea?
Bergovoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, reviews