Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2016, 00:54   #1

Boat: currently boatless
General rant Marine TV aerial

Hello all,
while Sue and I do not watch a lot of television my ohter significant half really enjoys the Australian series of V8 races (especially the Bathurst race, we MUST be in port when this series is on)
We have tried several diffenrent marine aerials all highly recomended by their sellers. What a crock of rubbish we have purchased and money wasted.
Over the weekend we were in a local Aldi supermarket here in Hervey Bay Queensland Australia and they had selling a Bauhn brand indoor outdoor RV/caravan TV aerial for $29 Aus. I thought what the heck and bought it.
WOW, what a great product. In a area renown for bad TV reception we are getting crystal clear reception and the difference between the high end marine TV aerial and the El Cheapo Aldi Brahn TV aerial was chalk and cheese. The Brauhn picked up more stations, the clarity was far clearer and thet tide made no difference to its reception.
Moral of the story, try the El cheapos first. Like us you may be pleasantly surprised. Actually I'm dumb founded by the significant difference that the quality of the chepaer unit gives over the supposed high grade unit.

Greg and Sue
Avid Race car watchers
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine