Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 21:12   #1

Boat: Catalina 30
FM Antenna Mounting

I just bought a Fusion RA200G (AM/FM/NOAA weather and marine VF reception) for my Catalina 30. The plan is to mount speakers (BOSS Marine MRWT69) to the top stern railing, inverted with clamp on top, speakers below, facing the bow and get a short FM antenna on the starbord rails not far from there.

The only antenna that I found which screws into "standard marine mounts" for the railing is the Shakespeare #4351 (which includes 10ft of RG62 to a motorola connector). It's about 40 bucks. Docs say it connects directly to a 4186 surface mount, which for a railing would be #4721 (guessing here). The mount is another 10 bucks or so if I get nylon.

Other options here for a neat install? This seems to be the neatest and most straightforward.

PS: Though I want music outside, I don't want to drill speaker holes in the boat, and I want any external speakers to be both out of the way and easy to replace or repair. And no, I am not climbing up that mast to run a wire for NOAA weather and FM radio antenna.
allanpeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:09   #2

Boat: Catalina 30
Re: FM Antenna Mounting

Perhaps I over thought this. An indoor antenna is worth trying first, at least for ten bucks. I hope it can receive VHF somewhat.

Either Pyle or Jenson
allanpeda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna