Welcome to Fenix Project! A tiller autopilot
based on Arduino.
First workable release is already available.
gathered in a Wiki:
I am a passionate of sail cruising. In my aim to equipe my weekender boat
, I faced the need for navigation
aids. Disregarding the reduction of costs that electronics
have suffered, a basic navigation
system is still very expensive and out of my budget
I may understand there are many other people also interested in such a system but not able to find a complete and documented solution to be straitforward implemented.
Fortunatelly, I am skilled in project
management, SW programming, physics, and not bad at electronics
The goals of Fenix project
- to develop and test a prototype of open-source DIY
navigation system for mini-cruisers.
- to gather individual efforts to a joint solution.
- get users to adopt the system into their own boats with minimum technical knowledge.
- Manual mode, auto-bearing mode, Navigation mode.
- Bluetooth to Android App
I/F to calibrate IMU, linear actuator and configure autopilot
I/F to control autopilot from any USB serial connection (laptop/ raspberry PI terminal)
- Configurable deadband and gain
- Integration to OpenCPN
I will focus now in the documentation
and testing of this very first release of the autopilot.
Hope you find it useful. Any feedback is welcome!