Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2017, 17:20   #91
cruiser

Re: Electric Inboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
I cannot recall a single one of those that claimed all these miracle results with electric boats that have ever come back to report on their successful project for large boats with long range and lots of power. Yes there are a number of cruisers that have successfully converted to electric but to date all of them have done so within those limitations IE small to moderate size boats with limited range or have had to add a large diesel generator.
You're right in that there is not much 'real life' feedback out there other than what Brand Names are telling us, don't get caught up in the hype as these company's (and more seem to be springing up) are making money out of all this. However I was turned away (i wont mention the brand) from an Electric conversion project from BLA (an honest salesman how rare) as they had just done one and it was not successful, the owner not happy pulling out the Electric and bought new Diesels, now that's an expensive lesson!
Do your own homework and if possible talk to someone who has converted for unbiased feedback. What we need is a thread for people that are actually on Electric now not just people reading literature and posting there opinions.
mal_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 13:35   #92
cruiser

Re: Electric Inboard

Edit: i just remembered there is data on Diesel Electric in small boats, an interesting review by Practical Boat Owner Magazine No 579 Oct 2014 on 'Hybrid Drive' its a good technical article, it was a thorougher in depth test if you can find a copy have a read.
mal_l is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric