Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2015, 11:32   #1

Boat: 42' vagabond
different chartplotter for navigation

since 2007 i bought an use a Garmin 3206 for charts and depth. works fine but i thought i'd update and just bought a lowrance elite 7 hdi. a little bigger screen and i'm sure a better fish finder - that's what all the avertiseing is about. i also bought the update chip Nautic insight Pro hi def marine chart.
BUT i'm not happy at all about its charts. it doesn't give the buoy numbers, no names of bridges or their heights. its very busy with depth contours and land maps (of no interest). do others use Lowrance as a chartplotter or have found what i'm seeing? there is a big difference in price. i'm leaning to go back to Garmin.
chuckg5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chartplotter, navigation