Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-06-2012, 16:13   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400 40 ft "Camp David
Course Computer

I have a complete Raymarine suite of instruments, Multi Function C80, GPS 125, ST 60 depth, wind and speed. St6001 Auto polit control, AIS and a mutli graphic repeater. Radar

The older 100 course computer seems to be suspect, as it is moving from auto (engaged) to standby with no warning nor any apparent reason. Neever know when nor why and never leaves a message as as low voltage etc.

It seems Raymarine is no longer repairing the 100/300 course computers, they tell me it is most likley in the 100 box.

I do not want to change the system, I like what I have however in a quest to fix the issue I believe it may well be the course computer.

There are a number of Raymarine core packs course computer since mine was manufactured. X10, S1G etc.

Question, if I was to replace the older 100 ( black box) with a new comuter what model should I be looking at.

Is used an option, does anybody know where I might get my old unit repaired? what should I be looking for??

Any and all suggestions as always are greatly appreciated

Fletch
Camp David
CampDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 16:46   #2

Boat: Fantasia 35
Re: Course Computer

Fletch,

The core pack needs to be matched to your rudder drive unit. The steering power of the drive unit is normally defined by the displacement of the vessel.

IIRC, the S1/S1G are replacements for the 100 core pack. EBAY, maybe a good place to fine one of the older core packs.

Viking Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 16:56   #3
CLOD

Boat: none

I'm currently replacing my Type 100

if you had the Type 100 you will need a X10 core pack and a new controller, if the Type 300 would replace with the X30

the newest controller uses Seatalk NG, which has to go to an older seatalk instructment before going to the autopilot, but both the X10 and X30 will accept an old seatalk connection

I got around this by using ST6002+ controller that was the older Seatalk but works with you current system (lose some "advanced"rogramming like fishing patterns but save a couple of dollars)

if you have a Gyro Plus unit on your older Type 100 it will get tossed as this is built in the X10/30

the compass, drive unit, rudder reference on your old system will work with the new X10/30
Old 20-06-2012, 12:51   #4

Boat: Dufour 38

For Repairs, Email me through C.F.

Dan
Capn Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 18:29   #5

Boat: a sailing boat

Yep. They differ in amps on the drive side. Check out yours and look up the new one's specs online, and you are home.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2012, 14:14   #6

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400 40 ft "Camp David

Today I followed Raymarines latest suggestion and tracked all the wires and connections, sure enough deep in the bowels of the boat was a connection block for the 6 gauge wire, one terminal was loose, very loose.

So let's hope I got the grimlin, pretty good chance this might has been my problem for the last four years.

Sure hope so

Fletch
CampDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 09:55   #7

Boat: Amel Santorin 46ft
The St 6000 auto pilot is a great bit of kit in my opinion. The only thing that needed replacement on our 20 year old pilot was the circuit board in the cable junction box. We found that the metal strips on the circuit board had degraded with micro cracks and thinning of the strips. Since the board was replaced 4 years ago the pilot has taken us to Norway and to the Med without a problem. Regards Joe
joemac4sail is offline   Reply With Quote