Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-05-2018, 09:46   #1

cloning software for IC-M802 serial 11

Please can anyone help me with the IC-M802 sw serial 11 ?

I missed my copy and can't find another one.

Regards.

Mimmo
Mimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 21:11   #2

Boat: Tayana 37 Mk II
Re: cloning software for IC-M802 serial 11

I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution. Had to buy a new M802 and previous software don't work.
fadonatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 00:38   #3

Hello their,
I have here the other Problem i have a IC-M802 #1 Radio but the Software is for the #11 Radios if i get a working Version with SN Number for the IC-M802 #1 i send a working Version with SN Number for the #11 Radio...and i have another Problem...starting the Radio the Display Shows <MMSI> No MMSI ! and the Display is frozen no normal work of the Radio is avaible...i tried to Change via Keypad but nothing works..it seem at would be change it for 2 times...

Kind regards

Dirk
Krid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 14:35   #4

Boat: Tayana 37 Mk II

Dirk, Too bad you not in Australia we could make a trade. I borrowed version 1.2 from my bro. for the old radio. Guessing I need version 1. for new radio ser #11 - is that right? I did find a vendor in the USA that offered to sale both versions for the same price.

Frozen display, don't know what to do about that. I do have the old display i would give you but it's in Aust. You're right can only change MMSI twice. Maybe one of the more knowledgeable cruiser here can help.

Al
fadonatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 22:13   #5

Hello Al,
Thank you for answering...i am a hamradio Operator from germany and have get the Radio from a friend ...but the Radio has get a little bit saltwater and first the Radio do not power on...but i find the fault inside and fixed it but yet the Radio did power on but still shows the message
IC-M802 <MMSI> No MMSI ! and do nothing else..i come with Set Mode and Power On in the Set Mode and with Mikrofon Down by Holding RX & TX in the Adjustment mode but i can not fixed the MMSI Problem...i Thing the Display is working alright...with the #11 Software i can not read the Transceiver out so i don`t know if is a fault or it is a wrong Software for me...!? My Transceiver has a SN Number starting with 01 ...so i thing i need the IC-M802 #1 Software and if you have a Radio with the Serial Number starting with 11 i thing you need the #11 Version of the Software...that i have...send me an E-Mail adress i will send you that Version...!

Sorry for my bad written english...i hope you understand!

Kind regards!

Dirk
Old 14-04-2019, 02:05   #6

Hello their,

have a look here...and you will find CS-M802 Version 11...i am still looking
for Version 1 ....Please Help!

Kind regards!

Dirk from Germany
Old 14-04-2019, 02:07   #7

sorry forgot the Link in my thread here it is...https://forum.qrz.ru/61-kv-icom/4776...m802-02-a.html

Kind regards

Dirk
Old 08-10-2019, 05:18   #8

I've the previous versions of IC-M802 programming software.

Regards.

Mimmo
Old 08-10-2019, 23:15   #9

Hello Mimmo,

Thank you for mailing, till that time i did not fix my problem with the IC-M802...i have tried the Softwareversion #1; #2 and #11 but still the same problem i got no connection with the PC ; Programming Software; Programming Cable to the Transceiver...the Radio did power on but still shows the message
IC-M802 <MMSI> No MMSI !

kind regards Dirk
Old 09-10-2019, 04:04   #10

The ic-m802 says no mmsi number because no mmsi is programmed in the radio.

Another matter is if the radio can be connected to the computer by the sw.

When you run the sw it should be clear if it connects or not....

kind regards

Mimmo
Old 19-03-2020, 03:22   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krid View Post
Hello Mimmo,
Thank you for mailing, till that time i did not fix my problem with the IC-M802...i have tried the Softwareversion #1; #2 and #11 but still the same problem i got no connection with the PC ; Programming Software; Programming Cable to the Transceiver...the Radio did power on but still shows the message
IC-M802 <MMSI> No MMSI !

kind regards Dirk
Hello Dirk,

Given this is a bit old, still wanted to provide some input that might be useful in case you have not yet solved the problem. I do in good part work on marine electronics and radiocom so maybe this might help you or others in the future.

As Mimmo has mentioned what you see when you power on your M802 is the normal display when the MMSI number has not been set yet. You should be able to bypass the MMSI warning screen by simply pressing any key as per the user manual, and then enter the MMSI for the first time.

If this is not the case I would say that there might be a problem in your RC25 controller unit in that it is not recognizing the keypad input. You mentioned earlier that you found some corrosion inside the radio, not sure this was actually referring to the main "black box" or inside the RC25 unit. Perhaps you need to check again and make sure you really corrected all the problems. Corrosion can be a big problem, specially if it is affecting delicate electronics.

On the other hand if you are trying to use the CS-M802 software, the best way is with the OPC-478 USB cable that plugs into the headphone jack in front of the RC-25 controller. I have never used the CS-M802 in particular but I have programmed many commercial radios from different brands, and if there is a communications problem there will usually be a message stating it to let you know that perhaps you still need to set the proper COM port number, or install a driver for the cable, etc. If you go into Device Manager (assuming you are on a Win machine) check under Ports and make sure it is showing the connection and it has been assigned a port number. And if you see a yellow exclamation sign in that section when you plug in the cable you might need to install or update the USB driver for the cloning cable (most USB cables use a Prolific chipset).

In any case I just downloaded the v11 CS-802 SW thanks to the link you posted earlier, but don't have a radio right now to try it out. Also I understand that there are several different SW versions, so not sure these other versions can also be downloaded somewhere, as it would be good to have them handy.

Hope the information above might be of some use to you. Good luck.

ALM
PSMariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 00:18   #12

Hi Guys
Would anyone have a copy of cs-m802 v1.2
best regards
Tiberius
Tiberius1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:53   #13

The only place I found CS-M802 v1.2 to be available is here upon payment of AU $25: https://radiocables.com.au/csm802-software Probably worth the price if it solves your requirements. No relation to the site, just passing along the info.
PSMariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 16:31   #14

Thanks PSmariner
i have the original version of the m802
when i try csm802#11 i get a version error
not sure if i need an older or newer version of the software
regards
Tiberius
Tiberius1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 17:28   #15
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Seaton 60' Ketch

I believe I have all the versions of the M802 software; send me a PM and I'll see about getting them to you
Scott Berg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
serial, software