Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2017, 01:18   #1

Boat: Prout 37
Clipper wireless wind instrument

Hi all, has anyone else had any problems with this unit, the first one I bought lasted 10 days. After loads of emails all they would tell me was to"move the receiver " despite having told them a dozen times that it was working where it was, as a desperate measure I extended the leads and walked everywhere with it, even half way up the mast. Eventually I managed to get to their agents in Singapore and showed them, they gave me a new unit, this one lasted 3 days, I am on the far side of the South China Sea, so getting back to Singapore is out the question. Any help and advice would be appreciated!!
Or recommend a replacement please,
I think this unit is useless and their customer backup is nonexistent.
Good safe sailing everyone,
Alex.
moggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, rum, wind