Reminds me of an issue with a Micrologic GPS back in 2004 or so. Had my boat
all loaded up and set for a trip to the Bahamas
and went out and turned things on to leave when the GPS would not work
at all. Took all connections apart, checked all splices, uninstalled - reinstalled to no avail. Got out my backup GPS and rewired it to connect to the Navigation
stuff ( before I started using Chartplotters ) mostly PC Navigation
relying on the external GPS.
So with all the delay decide the go the next day. The next day the Micrologic worked just fine. And did throughout the trip.
Later found out it was a programming issue with Micrologics chip code. Seems like the day I decided to go on my trip was a specific date that the code could not handle. Any other date was fine.
Didn't find out the actual cause until several years later in a product review in a boating