Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2015, 12:09   #1

Boat: LeComte NorthEast 38
Can I see (or control) Raymarine S3G on RL80CRC Plus?

Hello electronics gurus and experienced or lucky users!

I have a raymarine system: color RL80CRC Plus chartplotter + radar with a seatalk GPS antenna; S3G computer with the standard 6002+ head; and an ST60 (pre-plus) wind instrument.

i connected them all on seatalk as follows: seatalk first port on S3G to the 6002 head; seatalk second port on S3G to seatalk port on chartplotter (via a junction box, which is already used by the GPS antenna and i believe the electronic compass); wind instrument to the 6002 head via a seatalk cable.

here's what i see on the chartplotter when i activate all boxes that i can find in the menu:
* heading (which makes me think the heading compass is being used here - the boat is on a mooring so getting heading from the GPS would result in meaningless noise) which agrees (with slight delay) with what i see on the 6002 control head
* apparent wind reading (direction and speed)

but i don't see anything related to the autopilot. in fact, the manual claims there should be a menu line item called smth like "autopilot popup", right after the MOB line - but not in my menu (could i have too old a version? i think mine's 2.09). is there a way to see the autopilot info on the chartplotter? is there a way to control the autopilot from the chartplotter - i want the most primitive commands, like "+10 degrees", not even steer to waypoint.

here's another problem i'm having:
* the ST60 wind speed agrees with what i see in the chartplotter, but the direction is consistently about 140 degrees off; i know the ST60 is wrong (and the chartplotter value seems to make sense). how can i make that arrow in the ST60 point in the right direction? is there a way to disassemble it and just mechanically turn the arrow? it's clearly way past the warranty, so whatever works...

if anyone's dealt with anything similar - any suggestions are appreciated!
thank you!
antoha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, raymarine