Try to apply for Boat Vitals
“Early Adopters” program of the new version of BOAT-VITALS – “Advanced Endpoint” – and if manage to squeeze in you will get the device on factory price
(only the cost of the materials) – and one year free server subscription for about €50 .
The device measures and shows:
- Start Battery
- House Battery
Support communicates with the server by:
- Mobile Internet
(GPRS / 3G / 4G) with SIM card (traffic <1 MB per year)
/ MiFi or Marina / Coffee)
(IoT) - if the marina / club is already included in BOAT-VITALS
The data can be viewed in real-time - as well as GPS tracking points:
via laptop/desktop or mobile device:
Example : http://www.boat-vitals.com/display.h...MM_HH.mm-GPS40
Example Mobile :
- Bluetooth on a mobile device (IOS & Android):
- On the device's OLED screen
The data is sent to the server every half hour by keeping all the data of the day and displayed on as a chart and averaged for each day for the last 2 months
In case someone wants to participate in “Early Adopters” program please PM will include him/her in the program.
Some useful Q&A's found on the website:
The "Advanced" version consumes 1AH per day, The "Regular" version 0.12AH per day.
The “Advanced” version transfers 4656 bytes per day. 1.5MB per year
The "Regular" version transfers 816 bytes per day, i.e. 0.3MB per year - but there is no free traffic as it passes through IoT
The annual subscription for those who join “Early Adopters” is €5/£5 per year.
For “Advanced” version if the customer wants to have mobile communication, through a mobile operator rather than sharing the Internet on his phone when the boat is not in the range of Radio
T) - customer's SIM card with internet is required - the lowest tariff plan will be sufficient and will remain largely unused in reality. In UK Vodafone has a Pay-As-You-Go £10 for 3 months including roaming.
The most common usage scenarios are:
1. You want to have the information for your boat only when the boat is at the berth or visiting marinas
that are joined BOAT-VITALS IoT network and look at it remotely -> you get a "Regular" version - cost €35/£35 currently and €5/£5 per year subscription.
2. You want to watch the boat when it's at the berth without you and also when you're on the boat by just sharing the internet from your phone – you get "Advanced" version and the whole cost is the upfront €50/£50 with "Early Adopters" program and €5/£5 per year subscription from the second year thereafter.
3. You want to watch the boat when it's at the berth without you and also when you're on the boat or not on it and when she's in a bay outside of any WiFi
or IoT range and without sharing the internet the from your phone – you get "Advanced" version and the whole cost is the upfront €50/£50 with "Early Adopters" program and €5/£5 per year subscription from the second year thereafter and the SIM card tariff price
that you choose.(In the UK Vodafone has a Pay-As-You-Go £10 for 3 months including roaming)
The "Advanced" version has everything that "Regular" has + GPS, WiFi, OLED display, Bluetooth, GPRS / 3G