Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-06-2015, 10:32   #1

B and G Zeus 2 GPS problems

I purchased a B and G Zeus 2 chart plotter 9 months ago and had it installed in my Catalina 320. The dealer had some difficulty integrating it with my other raymarine instruments, the biggest problem was reading depth. After a few tries it worked. Yesterday when I fired up the unit to go for a sail, depth no longer was passed on to the Zeus unit and the charts reverted to the base charts apparently stored in the unit's memory. I had purchased and installed Navionics gold charts and they disappeared with out a trace. Anyone have any thoughts as to how to proceed?
catalina453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 11:09   #2

Boat: Meta Arctic Voyager 47
Send a message via AIM to northwestsailor Send a message via Skype™ to northwestsailor
Re: B and G Zeus 2 GPS problems

Try to reset all power to all the instruments and plotter. I find the B&G system needs a fresh re-boot every day. I am glad my life does not depend on it and plan to keep it that way.
northwestsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 11:44   #3

Boat: Sabre 36

It sounds like the unit factory reset itself and needs to be reconfigured.

The Navionics Charts should be in the SSD card slot. You need to go to the chart setup and select the navionics view. For depth you need to go to source selection for depth and select the right source (0183, etc.). More info on how the raymarine instruments are connected would be helpful.
pbfein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 12:10   #4

Thanks pbfein, I will download the latest update software. The B&G Zeus is getting data from Raymarine i70 connected to seatalk to STG converter via Seatalk NG backbone cable. I really don't know much about this, only what is on the invoice. The original system was all Raymarine ST4000+. I appreciate the response as Manufacturer tech support takes sunday off. Will try them again on Monday.
catalina453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 22:21   #5

try pulling out the map card and put it back in. I'm pretty sure it automaticly uses the map card when it's in. I've never had to choose it. it'll pop up and say "do you want to use this map" or something when you stick it back in.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2015, 19:48   #6

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 40 "Voyageur"

My Zeus2-12 appears to be dying. First, it stopped transmitting N2K and stopped receiving due to the transmit errors. Then it suddenly couldn't see the new 4G radar. The next day, its internal GPS failed after 2 hours of sailing. The display still comes up, but now doesn't do much that's useful.
so34chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:07   #7

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 40 "Voyageur"

Worst of the problems resolved ... GPS and radar functionality were restored by installing the latest software revision and doing a hard reset. The NMEA2K transmit problem remains, though.
so34chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:23   #8

Boat: 2019 Seawind 1160 Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by smac999 View Post
try pulling out the map card and put it back in. I'm pretty sure it automaticly uses the map card when it's in. I've never had to choose it. it'll pop up and say "do you want to use this map" or something when you stick it back in.
I've got a Zeus2 9 inch. When it starts up, it asks whether you want to use the charts on the chip, or resident to the unit. So you have to select it each time. That said, my chartplotter is connected to a breaker (with fuses too) that gets powered down each time. If maybe just turning the power off on the chartplotter, it might not ask to select chart location.

Oh, and if you do a reset to factory settings, make sure you have the other instruments on when you do it so that Zeus2 can see them. On my original install, I had the Seatalk instruments off, and it didn't see them, and after I turned them on it still did not see them.
sailjumanji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gps