Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2022, 09:39   #1

Boat: FP Lucia 40
B&G Wind Sensor dropping out??

Run out of troubleshooting ideas, so though maybe someone could help me.

I have a B&G system, older ( Zues 2), and for the last couple of months the wind sensor has intermittently been dropping out. Will be sailing along find and then notice the wind speed and direction are no longer showing on the Triton displays. I have found that I can disconnect the wind sensor, B&G 508, from the n2k backbone, reconnect it and everything comes back. This might happen a couple times or more and then everything seems to stabilize again.

I have reset all the connections, including the masthead, and tested the n2k backbone voltage and grounding. The 508 has a n2k terminator in it and that tested good as well.

This only happens when sailing so I am not able to replicate at anchor, which obviously makes it hard to troubleshoot.

Not sure if anyone has ever had any similar issues, but if you have any ideas, I would appreciate it.
CaptainandGiGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 13:25   #2

Re: B&G Wind Sensor dropping out??

Went through this in the past. You'll need to replace the anemometer. The new version (608) is a direct replacement.
crayiii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sensor, wind