I am trying to find a paddlewheel speed sensor which is compatible with my Hercules 690 system. Just wonder is anyone has any experience or knowledge in this area.
The original sonic speed system has finally let go and I want to switch to a paddlewheel option to keep me going. Here's where I've got to:
- The Hercules 690 manual says that the compatible paddlewheel option is 202-00-045.
- The B&G Product Identification Guide says this is discontinued and is replaced by SEN-SPD-HP
- I bought one of these ($$$) and wired it into the Processor unit, spun the wheel
and no speed reading on the display...
- The integral temp sensor (part of the speed sensor unit) seems to work
when I wire this in as well... but still no speed...
- There are no other issues with the B&G 690 system - everything else works perfectly
Is it likely to be a compatibility issue?
What would cause this and can it be 'corrected'?
Is there a 'more compatible' sensor option? - One person has suggested a 202-00-100 option (or replacement which is produced by A+T Instruments)