Hi all, and I got pictures
1) I have an old NAV/398 GPS NMEA 0183
version 1 protocol. GPS
works fine. Manual shows Yellow data output (+), and Green data output (-).
2) I Just bought a new Standard Horizon Eclipse GX1300 DSC class D VHF
Radio NMEA 0183
version 2 protocol. Manual & visual shows Yellow input (+), Green input (-).
3) I want to connect new radio with old GPS with the 2 wires to have Digital Selective Calling. Appears both units are compatible.
4) All my instruments are located on pedestal/console at the helm.
5) I took off the instrument panel that has all the sea talk instruments. I can't reach down far enough to see where the GPS connection terminals are. It's like 3 ft down and hidden with wires.
6) I can see and unplug (unscrew) the GPS input.
7) My Question: How can I splice the two GPS yellow & green wires to my radio yellow and green wires. Remember I only have access where GPS is plug
in. I can only reach to a foot to make a connection.
8) So what kind of connectors/splicers can I use to make this work. So when I go to the marine electronics
store. The know what I'm talking about?
Attached is photos.