Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-09-2021, 20:18   #16

Re: Airmar DST800 wrong water temperature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetterbote View Post
Have you seen other parts failing, too? I mean knowing the water temperature is nice, but not really important or security critical. Have you seen the depth measurement failing, too?

It appears there are no other vendors providing depth/log sensors for NMEA2000. You'll always get these Aimar transducers.

With mine it has always been the temp that goes. Yes, I can live without temp, but I think it's inexcusable for a company to continue to sell something so blatantly unfit for purpose.
Old 26-09-2021, 10:46   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrob View Post
Holy cow, those things are $800! I got all excited about replacing mine as well until I checked the price.

The DST800 is around $400, so not really cheap either...
Wetterbote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 10:50   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood View Post
With mine it has always been the temp that goes. Yes, I can live without temp, but I think it's inexcusable for a company to continue to sell something so blatantly unfit for purpose.

I fully agree here. Even a really expensive temp sensor is less than $5, so this is just poor design.
Old 28-05-2022, 11:44   #19

same issue with a new dst810 after 11 month (8 in water), temperature off of +25 celsius, raw data and bluetooth data show the same crazy reading,

i had cleaned twice with no improvement, very disappointed (as part of b&g zeus3 nemea2000 kit) also because depth meter goes crazy to 1.4m wgen sailing between 20 and 9 meter (exactly when u start using it)
a new unit has been replaced already unfer warranty and it get the same problem.thank u fir sharing, i m shocked that such an overpriced sensor could fail the idiotic thermometer reading, whatever is the techonology i hope someone find the cause and a fix
lutz1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2022, 01:24   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutz1982 View Post

i had cleaned twice with no improvement, very disappointed (as part of b&g zeus3 nemea2000 kit) also because depth meter goes crazy to 1.4m wgen sailing between 20 and 9 meter (exactly when u start using it)
That's a new "level" of the problem. All the above posters only complained about the temperature sensor being off, but not the depth measurement. That's not acceptable for such an expensive device, although of course sometimes measurement errors do happen due to very dirty water or fish.
Old 30-05-2022, 00:22   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetterbote View Post
That's a new "level" of the problem. All the above posters only complained about the temperature sensor being off, but not the depth measurement.

Unfortunately is a well known problem,
dst810 fails depth reading (and trigger alarms if active).
not in this cruiserforum but is well reported here.

https://panbo.com/marineelectronicsforum/panbo-forum-general-discussion/dst810-false-depth-readings/

my suggestion is to NOT WASTE money and time tring to fix or get a new underwarranty dst800 dst810 airmar device, even bang has discouraged me to ask for a unit replacement, better to invest in an alternative backup system. however thank u all for reporting we must say it loud and clear that sucj an expensive critical device is a source of big issues.
lutz1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water