Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2013, 16:39   #61
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: your Ignore list

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomm225 View Post
. And please put me on your ignore list!

Given that even though you seem to hold me in such low regard yet still read and responded to this thread, consider it done!

You now can write anything about me or your vast cruising experience safe in the knowledge that unless someone else quotes you in a post that I will never see it to call you on it.
Old 24-07-2013, 18:02   #62

Boat: Bristol 27
Re: your Ignore list

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomm225 View Post
Well, I thought Scoobert was the Original Prankster with his tug boat thread, but now that honor has to go to Don for this thread. Either quit joking around or grow up Don. And please put me on your ignore list!

Thanks Don.
Old 24-07-2013, 18:25   #63
Eternal Member

Boat: 30' William Atkin cutter
Send a message via ICQ to wolfenzee
Re: Your Ignore List

I have no one on any of my forum ignore lists, just some people I sit up and listen, and some people are so full of BS and don't want to listen to anything else I just don't let them stress me out.
Real life on the other hand....my ignore list (people I know more information about that I would rather know nothing about, whose very existence stresses me out, etc) is so much bigger than it's opposite, I just found it easier to untie my lines and move to Panama.
Old 24-07-2013, 18:59   #64

Boat: Beneteau 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
As for me, I have never put any one or any thread on the ignore list, but I have no difficulty in personally ignoring things I find unrewarding or offensive. Who needs a formal mechanism to perform this simple act?

Cheers,

Jim
I'm with you on that one!
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. JEAN LUC PICARD, Captain of the Starship Enterprise
Old 24-07-2013, 20:46   #65

Boat: Sold, alas, because life happens.

My ignore list = 0

Joined the forum because I admit to not knowing everything.

It's internet. Somebody might know jack-all about this/that but be a certified genius at the other. Won't know unless I read the posts. Can't afford to ignore sound advice/knowledge.

Besides... If it's just wrong or BS, somebody else usually calls it pretty quick!
Old 24-07-2013, 21:13   #66

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Am I on anyone's ignore list???....Hello...hello?...Why isn't anyone answering???
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 25-07-2013, 07:33   #67

Boat: Hunter 50 CC

I still hear you Celestialsailor.

As the guy with the stated highest ignore count at 84, I don't add to the list based on differences of opinions on sailing, cruising, maintenance, or boat selection options. I don't read CF to argue about anything. I get enough of that at work.

The quickest way to be ignored is to show an unwillingness, or inability to share ideas without making it personal or referring to politics, nationality, religion, or pacifism.

It would be interesting to be able to see how many other members had you on their ignore lists. Maybe even a little indicator on their posts to let you know that they won't see your replies. Of course there are those who might take it as a personal challenge to get on the most lists.
Old 25-07-2013, 08:21   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Larry View Post
I still hear you Celestialsailor.

As the guy with the stated highest ignore count at 84, I don't add to the list based on differences of opinions on sailing, cruising, maintenance, or boat selection options. I don't read CF to argue about anything. I get enough of that at work.

The quickest way to be ignored is to show an unwillingness, or inability to share ideas without making it personal or referring to politics, nationality, religion, or pacifism.

It would be interesting to be able to see how many other members had you on their ignore lists. Maybe even a little indicator on their posts to let you know that they won't see your replies. Of course there are those who might take it as a personal challenge to get on the most lists.
I use to be tempted to put some on ignore but I refrain. Usually after somebody becomes inflexible about an idea. On one thread we were talking about threaded fasteners and being a Machinist, tried giving my opinion about fine thread ultimately stronger as the core diameter was thicker and stronger in shear. I was berated for the comment and the offending poster was popular. It was a "hooray for our side" situation. Recently a discussion about epoxy vs. poly-ester came up. It was a tit for tat were the offending poster had to get the last word in. I was actually enjoying the back and forth but that's always a bad sign for me.
I think we all know the offenders on the forum. Some like to pick fights. Some like to pretend they are something they're not. After all...it's the internet. I'm taking off this fall and will have much less time for it.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 25-07-2013, 08:36   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
I have no one on my Ignore List! I think at one time I got up to a max of having 3 people on it, but took them off over time and don't think any of them stayed around anyway.

But I am feeling that I'm doing myself a disservice by not putting people on it and my health would be better off to change my way.

So how many people do you have on your list so I can get an idea of the goal to set?

I guess I wouldn't hear from those that have already have me down on their list
What's that DOn? I cant hear you. oH! your on the ignore list!
Seriously, there mihgt be a couple on my list, but it's all in my head , not the computer....

Old 25-07-2013, 10:15   #70
Armchair Bucketeer

I find the scroll button on my mouse the most useful tool for CF - particularly with this thread.........

.......I am now going to put this whole thread on ignore.
Old 25-07-2013, 10:35   #71

I can never keep track of the people who insult from the people who have no idea what they are talking about from other posters. I wish it was just an alert button that flagged the person when you saw their post, that they are about to say something really stupid.
Old 25-07-2013, 11:58   #72
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

personally,i think all threads should be treated with the leavity that was intended in the first post by the op.

posters that get their neck out of joint responding to controversial subjects are just wankers..........................................
be nice..period....argue a point,
but when you feel the need to put someone on ignore you have really lost the plot
Old 25-07-2013, 13:29   #73

Boat: In the hunt again, unknown

No one on my ignore list, didn't even know there was a list.

Everyone seems to have something interesting to contribute at least once in a while. Some of those make this a unique forum with a LOT of different opinions and I've noticed a few people will take the antagonist point of view on every topic because they like to argue. Which leads to the old adage, "Don't argue with an idiot, people watching won't know who is who."

Since I am a direct person, I don't take it personally if you call me an idiot or have a different opinion, I'll still let you buy me a beer.
Old 25-07-2013, 16:00   #74
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

Hey Moderators! Is there a way to see how many people have put us on ignore? That would be fun. It would probably be worth a little compensation (you can PM me) >
BTW- I hear everyone. Now responding to everyone, that is different. (after all those adds are really interesting!)
Old 25-07-2013, 16:08   #75

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40 / Hatteras 48

I'd forgotten there was an ignore button. I don't think I'd use it, as it's too passive.

Now if I could give the bast--ds a nasty electrical shock for posting crap.....
Closed Thread