Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-11-2013, 10:20   #136

Boat: Kadey Krogen 38 cutter
Re: Your Ignore List

Another deciding factor as to who gets to be on my ignore list is number of post. If a contributor has a low number of post I will leave them be, often times there's a learning curve and they, as happened with myself, will gradually settle in. If the offender has hundreds, or lord forbid, thousands of posts, it's straight to the list. Not much hope things will get better. I'm not in search of conflict. I'm fundamentally looking to escape mundane conflict and stress. Isn't that what sailing is about?
Old 18-11-2013, 12:12   #137
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

I say if you want to avoid stress put CF on the ignore list and go sailing. Communication is often about conflict.
Me? Nobody here has irritated me enough to put on ignore. Maybe I ought to be more irritable, but I just can't (yawn) see the point.
Old 18-11-2013, 14:13   #138

Nothing I'd like better than to be sailing. I'm many months from splash day. So this is one way to keep folkss like me moving forward. Sharing our experience, strength, hope and encouragement. Given my age, I don't think I have enough time left to hope to arrive at your elevated station. But I do share your (yawn)
Old 18-11-2013, 19:44   #139
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

If I ever tie up at Naples (again) KS, you would be the type I would love to invite to dinner Its just so far up that flood plain! And I have to sail past all those houses with them putting their noses down at me!
Old 18-11-2013, 20:07   #140

You should try living here with all those long noses! I may in fact be the single sailor who is abuilding his own escape pod in town. No joke. I'm funneling what resources I have into getting this fat girl in the water, that if you should get down this way, I'll take you up on that dinner. (KS?) Peace
Old 19-11-2013, 05:38   #141

Boat: Haven't seen it yet. Bought on Ebay
How can an entire thread be blank? :confused
Old 28-11-2013, 05:08   #142

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

He he, great thread. I was searching for "troll" protocol, what to do when you think you have a troll on your hands? Found this thread.

I put a person on my list a couple months ago as I was feeling stalked a bit, not in the good way, but he seems to imply I lie. Normally this would just be shrugged off. I've been sailing sice I was 19, lots of offshore miles, I'm sure most of you have heard my Ramblings, I've always been pretty confident in my experience, even when sounding far fetched, shrug. But since my illness that kinda put some kinks in my memory. In fact, I'm recovering from another bout of needles poked into my head, fun! So this guy questioning my posts really got under my skin. My hubby reminded me about the ignore list, I clicked the button, and after the few pangs of feeling a bit thin skinned I've never looked back .

Recently I have this feeling I'm on markj list. I look up to him like a baby sister...he doesn't seem the type to dig that but I can't help it . He hates folks who put smiles all over their posts too, I can't help that either. And I cannot think of one issue we have been on the same side...Add long winded post that could be written in a few short lines, and do the math, sigh. Writing this out, sure I'm on more ignore lists . Helllooo....echoooo...
Old 28-11-2013, 05:27   #143

Forgot to add,

Hope you are doing well Jackdale. That type of infection can be real tricky and get out of control real fast, especially due to the porous vascular bone. Be vigilant, don't let your doctors slack off. Also those antibiotics can cause harm to GI, I'm sure you know this already, but just in case, take lots of acidolpholis and other pro biotics, especially now that you are getting off the antibiotics. Take lots! In this case, think of it as a BIB anchor thread, too much won't hurt you and too little may not get you through the storm.
Old 28-11-2013, 06:57   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
Forgot to add,

Hope you are doing well Jackdale. That type of infection can be real tricky and get out of control real fast, especially due to the porous vascular bone. Be vigilant, don't let your doctors slack off. Also those antibiotics can cause harm to GI, I'm sure you know this already, but just in case, take lots of acidolpholis and other pro biotics, especially now that you are getting off the antibiotics. Take lots! In this case, think of it as a BIB anchor thread, too much won't hurt you and too little may not get you through the storm.
Thanks Ocean Girl

The foot is acting up, so I am getting another bone scan on Monday. I really miss playing squash, and am hoping to get back on the court competitively in the new year.

My wife is a pharmacist so she keeps me on track with drugs.
Old 28-11-2013, 07:08   #145

Thank goodness, you sound like you are in good hands. I'll be praying for you.
E
Old 28-11-2013, 07:17   #146

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Your Ignore List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
Thank goodness, you sound like you are in good hands. I'll be praying for you.
E
Have to be a pretty hard case to put YOU on an ignore list, kid.
Old 28-11-2013, 08:09   #147

Boat: Custom 41' Steel Pilothouse Cutter

I'd have a hard time ignoring someone with the good taste to own a PSC 34, personally. They and the big sister 37 are beautifully designed and made.
Can't sail? Read about our travels at https://alchemyonpassage.blogspot.com/. Can't sleep? Read www.alchemy2009.blogspot.com for fast relief. Can't read? Avoid www.volumesofsalt.blogspot.com, because it's just personal reviews of sea books.
Old 18-04-2014, 09:59   #148
CLOD

Boat: none

I've been working hard and am up to 29. Finding that some threads result in big increases of the list.

But I know I'm still just a beginner because last Lucky Larry post he was up to 99.
Old 18-04-2014, 10:03   #149
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I find the more people I ignore the less I learn. I bet I am on a few though. Just my sparkling personality.
Old 18-04-2014, 10:11   #150

No-one's on my ignore list. Who am I to deny anyone the full benefit of my vast knowledge and incandescent wit?

(for some, if I don't put the winky here, they'll unload on me yet again, so )

Seriously, it's a public forum. Post something stupid, expect to be called on it. I do (occasionally) practice self-censorship and thread-avoidance. I'm hoping to practice Internet avoidance more often, now that we can sail more.
Closed Thread