For some reason my injector pump
got rusted up so had to remove it for overhaul
. So here is my experience for checks required to get timing back on track during reassembly.
1. Ensure you can find the cylinder 1 mark on the flywheel. Likely rusted over as Yanmar
do not coat the flywheel.
2. Ensure you can see the offset mark for the injector pump
body to the auxiliary bell housing serration marks.
3. Once the cover plate for the drive gears is removed check that you can find the small 0 mark on the driven and drive gears and can align on reassembly to the first cylinder inlet valve.
4. Check that the first cylinder inlet valve is open by removing the oil
filler or valve cover.
5. As recommended do not separate the drive gear
and backing plate
Tip on reassembly.
Remove the injector cover, check that all the above matches and the plunger for the first cylinder valve is ready for injection of diesel
or on cam.