Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 14:26   #61

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!
Re: Why Did You Decide to Live Aboard ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. lulz View Post
I decided for a few reasons:

• I was growing weary of living in one place for too long.
  • I want to easily (cheaply) own an asset in which I could live with less possibility of it being seized due to many possible points of failure which i believe is designed as a part of our society. (The government wants to legally steal ur **** at any opportunity)
  • Also implied in owning shelter is the idea that I have shelter taken care of. I don't necessarily have to pay rent - something that I might not always be able to pay for in the event of financial emergency.
  • I hate dependency. I was not born a social creature. This is an unfortunate thing to be when it comes to support. People aren't as willing to help, so I gotta do everything on my own. I associate living aboard with independence because living on land has many things to hold you down. Dependency on material and location - huge anchors.
  • I want to minimize and simplify my life. I want to live how humans are meant to live. I want to manage my life with my mind, and with my own two hands, not anyone else's.
  • I want to get away from the herd of sheep and all their ********.
ROFL.... that just struck me as funny. Do you think the sheep know they have bull ****?

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
VirtualVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 15:21   #62

Boat: Camano Troll 31'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualVagabond View Post
ROFL.... that just struck me as funny. Do you think the sheep know they have bull ****?
And do you think they will be that easy to get away from?
Old 03-04-2016, 09:53   #63

Boat: Sea Ray,SundancerDA,30

I was Navy always enjoyed boats. I was watching my rent increase 50.00 every 6 mths. when it reached 850.00 plus wtr, elect sewage, garbage increasing my total for one month came over 1100. Now i live aboard, monthly expenses less than 600. I didn't like my neighbors either, in this marina, out of 100+ i met 2 i didn't like. My physical and mental health became better. No worry's. I already had 1 heart attack, job was nothing but stress. So i enjoy this easy, no stress fresh seafood, and air life style.
CC45 is offline   Reply With Quote