Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-05-2013, 10:55   #1

Boat: Pacific Seacraft 37, Strike 26
Where to Stay in Annapolis, Sept.

I am taking a marine diesel coarse at the annapolis school of seamanship this sept. and having a tough time finding an inexpensive place to stay for 5 days, I am flying in so the place would hopefully be close as i won't have a car. I've never been to annapolis so any help is appreciated.
thank you
dixiepixiew32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 11:14   #2

Boat: Colin Archer 36', steel
Re: where to stay in annapolis, sept.

Try the AirBnB site. you can usually negotiate prices if longer stays. I have used worldwide with great success over traditional housing options. You need to manipulate search settings often to find best options and deals.
Old 25-05-2013, 12:11   #3

This may sound odd.. but bear with me.

1. Rent a car
2. Get a hotel near Baltimore airport

Annapolis is hugely expensive with bedbug quality rooms going for $125 plus.

The southern suburbs of Baltimore are a half hour drive from Annapolis. Hotels can be had from hotwire.com (or others) in that area cheap... even cheap enough to cover the expense of a car.

Drawback: you'll have to drive 30-45 minutes each AM to reach class. Some people would consider this a PRO.

Then you get the added benefit of a car to do whatever you want with after class!
paul-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 12:39   #4

Boat: Sail any boats from 28 to 60 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-b View Post
This may sound odd.. but bear with me.

1. Rent a car
2. Get a hotel near Baltimore airport

Annapolis is hugely expensive with bedbug quality rooms going for $125 plus.

The southern suburbs of Baltimore are a half hour drive from Annapolis. Hotels can be had from hotwire.com (or others) in that area cheap... even cheap enough to cover the expense of a car.

Drawback: you'll have to drive 30-45 minutes each AM to reach class. Some people would consider this a PRO.

Then you get the added benefit of a car to do whatever you want with after class!
It is not odd, it is a wise choice. Around BWI or just out side of Annapolis, there are so many hotels to pick. Get a rental car will give you some freedom to eat out and away the tourist trap restaurants where the food sucks in big time.

rockDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 07:17   #5

Hope you worked this out, but in case not, I can recommend staying in/around the Bowie, MD area off Rt. 50. Prices will be less and easy access to Rt. 50 which is the main route into Annapolis. I am from there, so know the area pretty well. Annapolis is expensive, but I have had luck on Priceline in the name your own price area and was able to book a 3 star hotel for $50 once.

Good luck.

cj
captjeanette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis