Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2016, 10:12   #1

Boat: cal29
Transducer

I bought a 1970 Cal 29. All instrumentation were not working for whatever reason. I have found an in hull transducer not connected to anything. On the cable, it reads "airmar transducer CL1 C1225". There are "Omni" instruments on the bulkhead but none are connected to this transducer. All the wire stubs on these instruments don't match the trans. cable. I would like to connect this transducer to a new depth/fishfinder if possible. How can I check to see if it still works? Does anyone out there have the same boat that can give me some feedback on this? Airmar says I need to lnow which trans. it is. There is supposed to be a white label on tha cable about 12" from the trans with indentification on it. Mine has the label but the writing on it is long gone. HELP. kEN
alexanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:13   #2

Boat: 1980 Pacific International Marine 41.5
Re: Transducer

First off - Welcome to the forums!

Second - I noticed you posted in the forum tech help section. This area is tailored to users who have issues with the site itself rather than equipment.

Hopefully a mod will see this and move the thread over to a more appropriate section, or you can just repost into the electronic section.

Unfotunately I am not of any help, however you may want to get some photos of the device as this might help others
chowdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:59   #3

You can wire your new instrument up and connect and see I suppose. I'm not sure how to test a transducer without an instrument, but maybe someone here will help.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 16:01   #4

Boat: 1980 Pacific International Marine 41.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheechako View Post
You can wire your new instrument up and connect and see I suppose. I'm not sure how to test a transducer without an instrument, but maybe someone here will help.
I believe Maine Sail had something about this on his site.. Let me search for it

Found it - http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/n...ansducer_ducer
chowdan is offline   Reply With Quote