Some NICE boatcards out there!!!
Miniyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 05:22   #62
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'
Re: Show us your boat card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballenxj View Post
A lot of nice cards here folks. I think this is a great idea.

Facebook is "very" invasive. They keep sending friend requests for people that you might have known, or that a friend (on facebook) knows. I don't like the way they keep digging. Who are they anyway? The CIA?
Anyway, I have started to delete my account a few times already when they say; are you sure? By deleting your facebook account all your information and contacts will be lost forever. The more I think about that, the more I think it's a scare tactic.
PS, Someone above posted about how unhinged the world is becoming with all the texting zombies around. I agree.
-Bruce

I like Facebook. I am in touch with people I cared about but had lost contact with because of it. I like seeing pictures of what their grandchildren are, what their pet looks like, etc. Texting is extremely convenient in a number of ways. For instance I can text either daughter at work, and they can answer when they are free to.

I know some people just get adicted to it. Pedestrian/vehicle accidents have skyrocketed in NYC as texting became more popular. People would be so engrossed in their phone screen that they'd step out to cross the street without looking up. You can get a ticket for that in NYC just as you can for jaywalking.

Had a woman jaywalking AND texting once a I was coming out of a supermarket. She's very lucky I missed her.
Rakuflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 05:30   #63

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane

Hiya Flames! I am not on ANY social media; never signed up. If someday we ever get the chance and meet, it will be at a Sears store; Craftsman parts isles.

Mauritz
Laugh and the world will laugh with you!
Old 13-10-2013, 05:36   #64

Boat: Leopard 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniyot View Post
I cannot believe all of the paranoia about facebook. All you have to do is to opt out of certain features, And as for FB suggesting friends? click on [NO]. It is that easy. Facebook does not take over your computer (if that is what you are afraid of)... Facebook does not make you accept friend requests.... Facebook does not turn you into a zombie...... Facebook did not require anymore info to join than this website....
Don't listen, it's really Facebook. It found the way here when you invoked it's name!
ShaktiGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 05:50   #65
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
A lot of nice cards here folks. I think this is a great idea.

Facebook is "very" invasive. They keep sending friend requests for people that you might have known, or that a friend (on facebook) knows. I don't like the way they keep digging. Who are they anyway? The CIA?
Anyway, I have started to delete my account a few times already when they say; are you sure? By deleting your facebook account all your information and contacts will be lost forever. The more I think about that, the more I think it's a scare tactic.
PS, Someone above posted about how unhinged the world is becoming with all the texting zombies around. I agree.
-Bruce
Some sheep must be lead to the slaughter ,others find there own way..lol
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 07:46   #66

Quote:
A lot of nice cards here folks. I think this is a great idea. Facebook is "very" invasive. They keep sending friend requests for people that you might have known, or that a friend (on facebook) knows. I don't like the way they keep digging. Who are they anyway? The CIA? Anyway, I have started to delete my account a few times already when they say; are you sure? By deleting your facebook account all your information and contacts will be lost forever. The more I think about that, the more I think it's a scare tactic. PS, Someone above posted about how unhinged the world is becoming with all the texting zombies around. I agree. -Bruce
Assbook used to always suggest my ex as a friend. So I sent her a friend request which she either ignored or deleted and she has not been seen since. She did ask why I did it.