Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2019, 10:55   #1

Question Search boat from US east coast to Germany / Netherlands around June

Hi Everybody,
I was not sure which sub forum would be the best to place this post so excuse myself that I put just here in the generic one.

Who I am:
I'm Jan and started my bicycle trip 14 months ago in Panama heading North to USA. Right now I'm on the final chapter to New York will arrive there around End of May, beginning of June

What I'm looking for:
This whole bicycle trip turned out into a very unique journey and instead just taking a flight back home my idea is to ship back home by any kind of boat and cycle the last part back to my home town in the center of Germany. So I would love if someone of you might have an idea how to realize that. I already found some cargo ships for more or less 1.600 € shipping from NY to Hamburg in that time frame but a sailing boat would be probably the more exciting experience ;-)

When do I need to start:
As there are several appointments in June / July in Germany which I cannot miss and as my US visa ends on the 13th of June I'm looking for a opportunity after mid of May until the end of the first week of June to start somewhere along the east coast of USA, preferred starting point of course would be NY.

What can I offer:
Unfortunately I never worked/helped on a sail boat except of one week in during my school time but I think you cannot count that. Anyway as you can see I'm quite motivated and have a lot of power as I did this bicycle trip from Panama to NY ;-).

Looking forward for any help or idea.

Thank you very much Jan

For a little vita search #ride2experience on Facebook and Instagram or visit ride2experience.de(not updated for long)
eljarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, boat, east coast, Germany, Netherlands