Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2018, 08:18   #1

Boat: Privilege 37
Rutland 1200 Wind Generator

I have owned one of these for nearly 18 months during which time it has performed well. However late last week I heard an unexpected clonk as it turned. On investigation I discovered that the blade assembly was loose on the spline and the blades were wobbling and catching as they turned.
I removed the blade assembly to prevent further damage and sort an answer from Marlec. Their technical response was
.I can only concluded that the blade assembly was incorrectly fitted/tightened. Later they replied - I would think it was not fully tight from day one and has taken 12 months to get to this stage.
I am not enamoured by this response or by the bill for replacement of the blade assembly £141.50 plus P&P.

Has anyone else had this problem? and if you have this unit but not the problem I strongly advise checking the tightness of the fitting.

Tags
generator, rutland, wind, wind generator