Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-05-2011, 09:10   #1

Boat: Havsorn I
Send a message via ICQ to jussu50
Renting a Sailing Boat in New Zealand

Hello,
Don't know if this is best forum to send my question, but anyway,,,,we are planning to spend two months holiday in New Zealand with my wife. Something like December to January or February. We would like to live aboard/sail part of our holiday, maybe two three weeks.
We are experienced sailing couple from Scandinavia (Finland) and sailed several summers during our holidays around Baltic sea with our boat.

So I would like to find a 30-40 feet sailing boat for rent during our holiday. I would be very grateful to have some more information from people in this forum (private boat owners or rental companies) to hire sailing boat in New Zealand.

Cheers Juuso
jussu50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:08   #2

Boat: Simpson, Sinewave 9m
Re: Renting a sailingboat in New Zealand

Hi Juuso,
We also are going to NZ to bareboat charter. the company we have chosen web address is fairwind.co.nz. They are based in the Bay of Islands but have a large charter area. You can even arrange to begin your charter in Auckland and sail north to the Bay of islands. Anway there website has all the info you will need. Hope this helps. We have bareboat chartered in NZ before in the Abel Tasman NP area but the company no longer exists.

Jacqui
JacquiSydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 18:32   #3

We did the same thing in January 2011. We picked up a 33ft mono and 40ft cat from Auckland. Sailed for two weeks up through the bay of islands.
I've done quite a bit of sailing and found both vessels fine for the family holiday.
If sailing is the focus, I would however recommend a private rental. The commercial boats are fitted out for the sailing novice and carry only the smallest amount of sail.
I will have a call around some people I know in Auckland and let you know if I find anything.
jcleverley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
renting