Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2015, 23:37   #1

Raymarine autopilot issues

I bought a sailboat last year where it sat a smart pilot SPX10, had problems with it changing course, went well for 30 seconds, then began the hike to starboard until the pilot is alerted that there was a course error, believe today that it maybe was fluxgate compass that was haunted , but i bought the wheel pilot EVO 100 and a E7d plotter but now I have another problem , when I have both plotter and autopilot on at the same time the wheel engine never stop correcting , it runs constantly which is very annoying to hear, but if I turn the plotter off the autopilot works perfect. It seems that the pilot fetches rate data from both the EV-1 sensor and the plotter is this possible? Can´t find no settings to stop this, the chartplotter always shows the wrong course and I can understand that as this is the GPS data and maybe my original compass is interfering , but the EV-1 sensor I calibrated that it matches exactly my other compass onboard. The next question is can I replace my ACU-100 against my old SPX10 with SeatalkNg I still have the hydraulic pump connected to the rudder stock and skip the wheelsteering motor ?? can the SPX10 “talk” to the EV-1 sensor?.
lasse452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 14:21   #2
CRM

Boat: Robertson & Caine Leopard 46
Re: Raymarine autopilot issues

FWIW, I've had to replace my fluxgate compass twice in order to keep my autopilot going where I want it to. I've also given up trying to control my autopilot from the MFD, but have no problem controlling it from the autopilot's control head as long as the fluxgate compass is working right.

Tags
autopilot, marine, raymarine