Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 19:17   #1

Boat: Horstman Tristar 38
Now Cruising

Wow.. it has been almost a month since we left home (Oct 19th). We set out of the harbor and set our spinnaker a few miles off shore of Oxnard, CA and set the course for south. A stop over in San Diego for a few days, various stops along Baja California and now here we are in Cabo having almost covered our first thousand miles. It feels great and still cannot believe we are here.

Other than bragging about that I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone on this forum who either offered advise or help as well as those who run this place for the absolutely wonderful wealth of information that is here. Would not be here, i don't think, without the help of everyone here.

Thanks!!
natew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 19:51   #2

Boat: Privilege 39 Catamaran, Exit Only
Re: Now Cruising

Have a great cruise on your Horstman. I am envious.
maxingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 21:11   #3

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Enjoy your cruise, for sure....AND be really careful about your mosquito prophylaxis. Latitude 38 reports dengue outbreaks in Cabo and in La Paz, really not fun stuff to get.

Ann
Old 08-11-2014, 23:16   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by natew View Post
Wow.. it has been almost a month since we left home (Oct 19th). We set out of the harbor and set our spinnaker a few miles off shore of Oxnard, CA and set the course for south. A stop over in San Diego for a few days, various stops along Baja California and now here we are in Cabo having almost covered our first thousand miles. It feels great and still cannot believe we are here.

Other than bragging about that I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone on this forum who either offered advise or help as well as those who run this place for the absolutely wonderful wealth of information that is here. Would not be here, i don't think, without the help of everyone here.

Thanks!!
On behalf of the busy moderation team, we thank you for your words to the entire community, as it resonates with us for the reason we are here. CF indeed has many wonderful and helpful members who make ventures able to be undertaken because of the local knowledge and experience that they share.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising