Originally Posted by billm4113
Thank you for this information. I will definitely clean the fuel. I am open to any suggestions regarding sailing and sailboats.
Suggestions about what sailboat you should get.
Well I think it is very hard to give you suggestions without having a real long conversation about your wants and desires.
1. Where do you plan on sailing?
Lake, Bay or Ocean
2. How long do you plan for each sailing trip?
, overnight, weekend or more.
3. What kind of sailing would you like to do?
, short local trips or longer passages.
4. Do you want to sail the same area or do you want to trailer
a boat to different areas?
5. Have you ever been on a sailboat and if yes how long was your longest trip?
I normally recommend people who are new to anything to start cheap
so if you do not like it then you have not spent a lot of money
A good reference book is "A Field Guide to Sailboats of North America"