Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2016, 07:31   #16

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: My Favorite Thread(s)

Thee was one I loved and hated at the same time. It was a thread about a missing Schooner (I think) with family and crew. Many people banded together here and other forums to try and find them via satellite link. There was an outpouring of concern and it was a great example of what concerned cruisers are capable of.
On the other hand there were those who took a more morbid and defeatist attitude of "they're gone and to forget about them". Interesting enough I met one of the nay-sayers in La Paz. He was a pretty negative guy and his cruise ended in divorce and selling of their boat...go figure.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:51   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate View Post
My all time favorite has been "Pictures of Anchors Setting," but I must say I am enjoying the "Bestevaer 49" thread a very great deal, and Evans Starzinger's thread where he was breaking lines of different sorts.

Ann
These two threads plus Delancey's(?) open source anchor thread are my favorites.

P.s. Delancey I still haven't put a plasma head on the 4x4 table, but after watching Steve's videos I have some ideas about moving forward. I'll try to post there this weekend. When I return home tonight I'll try to link those three threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpetrel View Post
Definately my favorite is videos of anchors setting by Panope, with photos of anchors setting being a close second. Both nicely satisfy my anchorholic addiction...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk
Cu Mor Glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:53   #18

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delancey View Post
I am sure everyone has their own. At least one that stands out in their memory against the blur of many thousands.

Perhaps you have several?

Here is the place to post a link to your favorite CF thread. Dig deep, do a search, I know it's out there. Thanks for sharing!

This seems rather "meta"; asking people to post on CF about strings of posts on CF. ☃⛵️🗿
↗️➡️↘️
⬆️⏺⬇️
↖️⬅️↙️

A house is but a boat so poorly built and so firmly run aground you would never try to refloat it.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote