Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2019, 08:06   #16

Re: Living/Sailing - MEXICO

I loved mexico/baja. I'd be careful about too big a project though. It's a one week sail from So Cal so find the right boat; Mexico or Cal and go!

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:29   #17

Boat: Tayana 37 PH
Re: Living/Sailing - MEXICO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughes View Post
Russo, some great insight, thank you so much. I too am looking in San Carlos/La Paz via internet only at the moment. Thank You for confirming the "be there" approach. Noticed you are out of AZ, I'm out of CO. When you've traveled to say San Carlos, drive of fly? I'm considering a "project boat" approach to a sailboat, it's a matter of how big a project. At my age, I do want some sail and enjoy time. So if I'm hearing your comment correctly, it may be cheaper to buy a boat say in San Diego and sail it/move it to MEXICO? Again, thank you for your great feedback!
I drive. 7 hours from Phoenix. The only fly from Phoenix is AA to Hermosillo and bus to guaymas than to San Carlos.. I would suggest to have your car there - so.. drive from CO. Check Cascade 36 there... My opinion great project if you get the price right. Also I am not sure if you can repair and live in a boat longer than 2 weeks (they move the boat from storage to the work area) CA makes sense if you buy a boat "ready to go"(USA definition - not MX definition). Feel free to ping me if you want to chat over the phone.
Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Mexico, sail, sailing