Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2014, 10:18   #1

Boat: Beneteau FIRST 42
Hawaii

seems there happens to be a fair amount of folks headed for Hawaii this year from the west coast, including ourselves.
Thought this might be a good place to share info as most of us drop in every few days to read the scuttlebutt.
favorite places to visit,
anchorages
dive spots
warnings
And asking for local info........
our first stop as most is Hilo but from there, who knows...
Leaving in late April to early May...........

to all crossing, have a safe and fast passage.............
Randyonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 11:37   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Re: Hawaii

Having lived and cruised the islands since the 60s my two favorite out of the way places to visit are Hanalei Bay, Kauai and Manele Bay on Lanai. A short hike from Manele Bay to the white sand beach at Hulopoe Bay is great snorkeling and diving. A little further along the white sand beach and a trail up to the hotel bar is well worth the effort. Wherever you make your landings on the islands in populated areas there will be local dive shops that can help you by pointing out the dive areas for you.
I hope you enjoy your visit to the islands and I'm certain there will be others who suggest different areas for you to visit.
Old 26-02-2014, 12:00   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiprJohn View Post
Having lived and cruised the islands since the 60s my two favorite out of the way places to visit are Hanalei Bay, Kauai and Manele Bay on Lanai. A short hike from Manele Bay to the white sand beach at Hulopoe Bay is great snorkeling and diving. A little further along the white sand beach and a trail up to the hotel bar is well worth the effort. Wherever you make your landings on the islands in populated areas there will be local dive shops that can help you by pointing out the dive areas for you.
I hope you enjoy your visit to the islands and I'm certain there will be others who suggest different areas for you to visit.
Where the hell have you been.... did you thump Appick when he was unawares ??? We've had a serenity powerplant prayer, boaty headed for cocktails.... and all kinds of other things go down....

OH!!! You guys were chattin' HI... sorry...

BTW... I have reciprocals in Honarooroo..... Kewalo Basin.... I need a vacation....

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 12:12   #4

Boat: 15 foot Canoe

Under the influence of Mai Tais.

Just kiddin' I don't drink much anymore. Been working on carving out my new teak peg leg.

Haven't been to Kewalo for a very long time. Reciprocals are easy at Hawaii Yacht Club in the Ala Wai Yacht Basin on Oahu in Honlulu. Almost any card will get you in and its a great place to hang out with sailors.
Old 26-02-2014, 12:26   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiprJohn View Post
Under the influence of Mai Tais.

Just kiddin' I don't drink much anymore. Been working on carving out my new teak peg leg.

Haven't been to Kewalo for a very long time. Reciprocals are easy at Hawaii Yacht Club in the Ala Wai Yacht Basin on Oahu in Honlulu. Almost any card will get you in and its a great place to hang out with sailors.
I wish... flu bug via the short people that sleep here.... Ugh....

I was gunna carve a peg for my dog... he lost his leg to cancer... IT WOULDA BEEN AWESOME! Alas... he went away before this procrastinator got off his butt.... A girl I did a favor for though sent me a tshirt with a peg leg dog...

Your info is rightly appreciated!!! Helps to know the local lay of the land... Wish I would known ya last time I was in Kauai .... We woulda been trouble....

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hawaii