Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-10-2016, 10:28   #1

HAS ANYONE DONE BUSINESS RECENTLY WITH PEAK SAILS

I have been having much difficulty in my attempts to conduct business with Peak Sails. Recently they did a disappearing act when I tried to place an order with them. Many, many attempts to reach them have gone either unanswered or non responsive. Not a good customer relations experience. Anyone have the same experience? Any help would be appreciated.
MAK982
MAK982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 10:33   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time
Re: HAS ANYONE DONE BUSINESS RECENTLY WITH PEAK SAILS

Just be thankful they disappeared before you laid down your money. My advice is for you to move on to a more reputable company.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 10:45   #3

Yep, that counts as a narrow escape!

I haven't done business with them, but they do seem to be discussed quite regularly on the interweb, usually by ****ed off customers.

I have a question : why would you persist in trying to purchase from a company that can't even take an order from you? Do you think that might have implications for the post-purchase experience?
Old 18-10-2016, 17:10   #4

Boat: Hunter 25, Santana 20, Hallberg RASSY 33 " Mistral" San Juan 21 MKI

Actually I received my new main sail from PEAK, about two weeks ago. I agree that the purchase could have gone smoother. I never narrowed down the actual,fly in the ointment, meaning if it was actually PEAK sails, or the commissioned loft, in Hong Kong.

I'm not one to put up,with BS, or excuses, I was on the phone or emailing hourly after the sail was late for arrival.

The fella in Virginia. Chris and I shared several emails, regarding Hallberg RASSY vessels. A delight to talk with.

As for why work with them. My main sail after discounts for disabled military vet was right at a 1000.00.

I haven't opened the box yet, maybe I should. I was keeping it in the box for transport.

I had asked this site the same questions regarding peak, with zero responses.

Hope this helps.

Dirk
Dirk Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 17:14   #5

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

Dirk, please let us know how the sail works out.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 17:25   #6

Deep, I sure will keep you posted. Had hoped to have it on the boat and used a few times by now. I've been redoing my motor, and taking a real old fashioned butt wooping.

A two week project, and I'm on week seven. O well the transmission, and associated parts went on today, oil in it tomorrow, and hopefully fire her off.

I'm going to open the sail box in a few minutes, I'll let you know what I find.

Freeze, the one I ordere was the " mid grade" crushing sail. The actual name escapes me.

Dirk
Old 18-10-2016, 17:35   #7

My peak sail appears to be well made, in a nice sail bag. I did not open it all the way, just pulled out of the box for review. Truth of the matter I won't know much until I use the sail.

I'm pleased with the quality, and will purchase a set of storm sails from them, in the near future.

Dirk
Old 05-03-2018, 06:12   #8

Look at their reviews throughout the sailing community. They screwed me to of the purchase price of a jib and a mainsail. I ordered a Rhodes 19 Sail set they shipped me a main for a precision sailboat. Peak refused to make me whole after I complained the sail was not the same as a Rhodes. Peak currently has a one star rating on Yelp. Peak has spawned a series of disappointed customers over their lifetime(s) as a sail jobber.

Check their reviews throughout the online community. Their online history of bad business habits is starting again. I'm not seeing anything except complaints in the online community. They don't publish their physical address and only call you back on the phone after you leave a message.

They change their story constantly. Make sure that you get everything in writing. I ordered a Rhodes 19 Mainsail, I was invoiced for a Rhodes 19 Mainsail, and they shipped me a Precision 21 Main and claimed it was the same sail as a Rhodes 19. Not true! Take a look online and compare measurements

Spent the rest of four summer sails following their advice trying to get the sail to fit. It never fit no matter what. The even suggested I actually bend the mast to make the sail fit.

Peak Sails NA is very slippery and dodgy. They only do business through Paypal. This makes getting your refund almost impossible. It is pretty close to a swindle.

I ordered a jib in mid July. I paid for it on July 29, 2016 and it's over four weeks later. I have not gotten it yet. They say it is on the way from Asia and should be delivered to Peaksails NA soon and then sent on to me as a priority. Never Happened.

Steer far, far, away from these folk. They sell their mistakes and you get what you pay for.

On all their responses to on line complaints they have some put down or some half baked excuse. When the NY State Attorney General contacts them they don't respond. They never offer any real resolution. AND you never read posted reviews about how happy their customers are about their product and service.

There will be another response from Peak denying their chicanery. Merely look at their online reviews to see their business reputations
Deepdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:34   #9

I cannot speak to the quality of Peak Sails product, but their service and communication is so far gone from any other expierences I’ve had with other lofts. No returned phone calls or emails after my card was charged. No shipment status emails which is commonplace these days. I told my card company to cancel the charge and received a refund email from Peak Sails a few days later, although the card still hasn’t been credited I believe it will. I believed I dodged a bullet. Summer Wang sent me an email saying good luck on finding another loft with sail I want in the time frame I want. I found one, less than $100 price difference and they responded to my inquires same day, and have sent me updates on my order so I don’t feel like I’m in the dark. So glad they are getting my money.
Jalex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sails