Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2019, 16:53   #1

Boat: Nauticat 43
Ha Ha, here we come

It’s been nearly two years since my lovely wife and I purchased Tally Ho, a 1987 Nauticat (monohull) 43 lovingly cared for by the po. We’ve had many pleasant sails in and around the SF Bay in preparation for the upcoming Baja Ha-Ha. Our to do list started after the first day. One whole day without a list! Not bad. I use an app called Outliner which has been a God send for me, keeping all 3 of my lists (must do, should do, nice to do) current. It’s now 8 weeks from the start of our journey from SF to Cabo and beyond and dare I say Tally Ho is ready. (Touch wood) Here’s what we’ve done. New Spade anchor, marked anchor chain with zip ties at 100’ 150’ 200’, re stitched sails, bottom job, rewired ac electrical system, new ac panel, new life raft, serviced genset, new dinghy, new Engel freezer, repaired battery cables, removed and serviced windlass motor, rebuild Lectrasan toilet, test solar and wind gen, remove original electric furler and replace with new manual furler, new in-mast furling line, new straps for propane tanks, replaced shore power cord, new isolator, remove aft ladder to accommodate dingy, new dock lines, new chafe protection for dock lines, change engine oil, service heat exchangers and loads more! We even have good friends as crew whom we’ve sailed with many times, including overnights. I wrote an introductory letter to the forum shortly after purchase and have not forgotten the kind words from all. Our journey will take us from SF to Puerto Vallarta where we will leave Tally Ho and become commuter cruisers for probably a year. Job thing. We hope to see the Sea of Cortez for at least two seasons and from there who know.........
rbrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 16:58   #2

Boat: Catalina & Maycraft
Re: Ha Ha, here we come

Fair winds, and have a good time. Sounds like you are well prepared, and have a mind to get it that way. Keep us posted-
Hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote