Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-12-2017, 21:20   #1

Boat: Prout 37
Garmin wireless wind

Hi all, I hope someone can help me. I have been through two NASA clipper wireless winds both of which lasted two weeks, useless help from agency, al they said was "move the receiver " the fact that they had previously worked didn't seem to get though, be warned they are useless!!
Rant over, I am looking to buy the Garmin wireless,but I cannot get any sensible answers out of any of the supplyers.
One: I will be fitting it under the deackhead (Grp, balsa) will it see the mast head unit? ( the elcheapo nasa did so I hope the Garmin will)
Second: I do not have a speed transducer, so if I connect thoug Nmea 2000 to my Zeus (Gps chart plotter) will it give me true wind info?
Anyone who has figured this out please drop me a line. Either through the forum(as I'm sure others have the same questions) or my email.
Many thanks everyone, safe sailing, and seasons greetings,
Alex
moggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garmin, wind