Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 08:10   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to woodymr
Free? To live a board

I am now involved in defending my right to live a board my vessel and come to shore for sustenance and mail at no charge! These are posts I am making on Active Captain and Cruiser's.net to voice my experiences and the troubles of dealing folks wanting seemingly waiting to lure me and my vessel to shore and rape me of my valuables, just like the old days only different. A most despicable act of driving a vessel ashore on the rocks to render it helpless while ransacking it of cargo and putting life and lively hood at risk. Title "Shakedown at Green Cove Springs city dock. As of 11/07/12 I have experienced a shakedown demand of 10.00 payment for day use of public municipal docks, while signage and statutes and web site clearly state fees for utility use and overnight stays only. It seems I have been caught up in a discriminatory battle between the city and its enforcers of corporate statutes and the live a boards who are at anchor for a period of time deemed "to long" by the powers that be. I find myself not being liked by either faction for making waves but I can and will move on when I have finished my business here and this is after all my domicile, and my vessels are registered in Clay county and the state of Fl. so where are my rights? As a disabled vet, I am ashamed of the actions I am seeing here before me and the hardships that I must endure just getting ashore to get my mail and sustenance. Best Regards......./).......
woodymr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:06   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Re: Free? To live a board

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodymr View Post
I am now involved in defending my right to live a board my vessel and come to shore for sustenance and mail at no charge! These are posts I am making on Active Captain and Cruiser's.net to voice my experiences and the troubles of dealing folks wanting seemingly waiting to lure me and my vessel to shore and rape me of my valuables, just like the old days only different. A most despicable act of driving a vessel ashore on the rocks to render it helpless while ransacking it of cargo and putting life and lively hood at risk. Title "Shakedown at Green Cove Springs city dock. As of 11/07/12 I have experienced a shakedown demand of 10.00 payment for day use of public municipal docks, while signage and statutes and web site clearly state fees for utility use and overnight stays only. It seems I have been caught up in a discriminatory battle between the city and its enforcers of corporate statutes and the live a boards who are at anchor for a period of time deemed "to long" by the powers that be. I find myself not being liked by either faction for making waves but I can and will move on when I have finished my business here and this is after all my domicile, and my vessels are registered in Clay county and the state of Fl. so where are my rights? As a disabled vet, I am ashamed of the actions I am seeing here before me and the hardships that I must endure just getting ashore to get my mail and sustenance. Best Regards......./).......
Are they still trying to build that courthouse?I went thru there once and was told that the gov. was doing anything and everything they could do to folks coming thru there to shake them down and pull money from there pockets! I was told this by a policeman that pulled me over once because i was driving a black corvette,seems drug dealers use black corvettes to smuggle drugs! After not finding anything he became friendly and thought I deserved to be educated about the situation in the county...It is a place to be avoided according to the program 60 minutes as ,they ran a story about the area once and told about the speed traps and under handed tactics they use to get transit tourest money...seems they felt left out of the revenue that comes with the tourist,wonder why?good luck ,try telling them its people like you that supplie that security blancket they pull up over their heads every night! Thanks for your service young man! happy veterians day to you and all others that have served their country...
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote