Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 14:42   #196

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30
Re: Female sailor's request for ABSOLUTE IMMUNITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
Top left option on the menu bar, USER CP, look down the left side for EDIT IGNORE LIST.

Therapy?
"Why is there a much higher percentage of female posters that have a pic of themselves as avitars?"
And what makes you certain these alleged self-styled women aren't, say, cross-dressers or trans-sexuals just trying to pick up a sailor, as they would in any port?

All this male-female talk is, frankly, a violation of the forum's "be nice" rule. There are after all FIVE human genders. Male, female, and three, yes three, types of hermaphrodites. Now if you take five genders, treat them all equally, and add in the number of trans-sexual options sugrically available these days...I'm not sure how many separate restrooms and plumbing fixtures that requires, but the odds are virtually 100% that at least SOME of the forum members are neither male nor female in the usual sense.
With this piece of thread drift, I just thought in case there is ANY question, I want to make it clear that I have no confusion about my sexuality; all male, all heterosexual and always will be, always was.
Old 01-03-2012, 14:46   #197
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Wouldn't that also allow someone else to feel (& post) that one should "harden up", or whatever?
Yes, if you just take the words from the sentence that you quoted. However the full statement was that the people who want to post something that is obviously important to them, should be able to do so without receiving implications that they are somehow "weak" for doing so. No-one is going to feel better because somebody has told them to "man up" and neither will it promote other posts, which are the lifeblood of this forum, from people who do not wish to subject themselves to the barrage. Myself, i sometimes think that people do get a tad upset over things that they should not. But i just say nothing rather than be outright negative and disparaging about what bothers them. The real idea of these forums is, i think, to get together with other folks of a shared hobby/lifestyle and assist and inform and hopefully, just entertain each other. I could be totally wrong of course, there is always that option.

Coops.
Old 01-03-2012, 14:58   #198

Re: Female Sailor's Request for ABSOLUTE IMMUNITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Let's not forget that we are using at least five (or more) languages on CF.
USA english, UK english, Australian english, Canadian english, a whole selection of European english and assorted others. Anyone who thinks these are not different is a fool unto themselves and a burden to others.
2 peoples separated by a common language.
I know 25 years in USA and I still haven't taught them proper english...
AllezCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 15:07   #199

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllezCat View Post
2 peoples separated by a common language.
I know 25 years in USA and I still haven't taught them proper english...
Yeah, it's important that one knows the female understands "I'll knock you up in the morning" or what "bangers and mash" are or good forbid, what a "neep" is. Never mind that you pyromaniacs keep asking for "torches", and think a well dressed car needs a "bonnet". Mind you, you got it right that a car's "boot" is in the a$$ end.
Old 01-03-2012, 15:22   #200

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
I'm not sure how many separate restrooms and plumbing fixtures that requires, but the odds are virtually 100% that at least SOME of the forum members are neither male nor female in the usual sense.
I am all for either more restrooms or just one.

But those "SOME" are a pretty small number. Smaller than the number of women that long to get a boat, toss most everything and go cruising.

I am glad so many are so very accepting around here as I don't fit well in most places I go.
Old 01-03-2012, 15:33   #201
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
And what makes you certain these alleged self-styled women aren't, say, cross-dressers or trans-sexuals just trying to pick up a sailor, as they would in any port?

Note to self: next time a CF member is in the area and wants to come sailing with me be sure to get full disclosure ahead of time!
Old 01-03-2012, 15:43   #202
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas

Note to self: next time a CF member is in the area and wants to come sailing with me be sure to get full disclosure ahead of time!
During a checkout in Long Beach the instrructor shouted, "hey there's Angelina Jolie topless." naturally we looked. He said that was part of his pre Pacific crossing crew check. If you don't look, you don't go...

He also took the opportunity to throw the life ring overboard for the MOB drill to see haow we reqcted with a distraction.
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 15:52   #203
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

"He also took the opportunity to throw the life ring overboard for the MOB drill to see haow we reqcted with a distraction."

Onceuponatime I was in a class returning home late one afternoon and the instructor threw a cushion overboard while we were all relaxing. He shouted "MAN OVERBOARD!" And again. And then said what, isn't anyone going to do anything?

We all just looked at him, and suggested as a group that since HE threw it overboard, HE could go back and get it.

This is why sailors gamble, play poker, shoot craps. If the guy who went OB owes someone money...odds are they'll make an effort to recover him. (Him, her, or whatever you call the other three.)
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 16:14   #204
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor
"He also took the opportunity to throw the life ring overboard for the MOB drill to see haow we reqcted with a distraction."

Onceuponatime I was in a class returning home late one afternoon and the instructor threw a cushion overboard while we were all relaxing. He shouted "MAN OVERBOARD!" And again. And then said what, isn't anyone going to do anything?

We all just looked at him, and suggested as a group that since HE threw it overboard, HE could go back and get it.

This is why sailors gamble, play poker, shoot craps. If the guy who went OB owes someone money...odds are they'll make an effort to recover him. (Him, her, or whatever you call the other three.)
Good one.

I threw the ring over once on my crew and shouted, "Skipper overboard!" and sat down and folded my arms.

It was disheartening then highly disconcerting as the ring, drifted into the channel, drifted in front of a barge and got run over by the barge.

I contemplated having a funeral for myself...
Old 01-03-2012, 18:36   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
Question.

Why is there a much higher percentage of female posters that have a pic of themselves as avitars?
The question that has to sit along side that is why are there a lower percentage of males who don't have a pic of themselves (from the man who does not have an avitar)
Old 01-03-2012, 19:08   #206

Boat: PETERSON 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Calif View Post
Good one.

I threw the ring over once on my crew and shouted, "Skipper overboard!" and sat down and folded my arms.

It was disheartening then highly disconcerting as the ring, drifted into the channel, drifted in front of a barge and got run over by the barge.

I contemplated having a funeral for myself...
If you are planning on serving Satay or Fried Kway Tiao or any food can I be invited?
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 19:24   #207

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor g View Post
Yeah!! Uh ...Oops, Sorry-Read your data & I can't go back to cold country LOL!! I grew up in Michigan & went to MSU in East Lansing. Small world. Betcha freeze your fingers working on the boat in the winter!!
True. that moist stuff is pretty stiff this time of year.
Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 19:26   #208
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray
If you are planning on serving Satay or Fried Kway Tiao or any food can I be invited?
Mmm.. Kway Tiao..

Reminds me its getting on lunch time here...
Old 01-03-2012, 19:46   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson58

True. that moist stuff is pretty stiff this time of year.

Ha! Been there, Froze that!! Been through blizzards...though it's fun when young & into skiing. Now I don't ski (you don't think I'd mention my age!! Spent a lot of time in Traverse City camping & playing on Sleeping Bear Dunes (if memory serves me). Great area.
Sailor g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 20:14   #210

Quote:
ROFL, and the first thing that they would say to you would be what?
"Hello Sailor"