Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2015, 05:19   #1

Dry storage in Northern Germany or Southern Denmark

Hi.
I am bringing my boat up from Slovenia and i need a 3 week dry storage before we launch it again. Its a 39 foot cabin cruiser. We are going to Norway so Kiel area or also Southern Denmark is fine. Anyone who can give some ideas where to find one?
Johnnyskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:28   #2

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3
Re: Dry storage in Northern Germany or Southern Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyskien View Post
Hi.
I am bringing my boat up from Slovenia and i need a 3 week dry storage before we launch it again. Its a 39 foot cabin cruiser. We are going to Norway so Kiel area or also Southern Denmark is fine. Anyone who can give some ideas where to find one?
If you mean "on the hard" and not indoors try this one

Kontakt os

They speak excellent english, there is a shipyard there and I belive also a good chandlery. They can lift big boats also and I seem to remember the lifts costs about 175 euros and then 20 euros per day on the hard - but you can probably negotiate that

carsten

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:18   #3

If your coming thru the Kiel canal and want to find something in the Kiel Fiord then Kiel-Schilksee is maybe your best bet: Hafenmeister

The location isn't that convenient but there is a bus in to town.

There are other marina's but I don't think any of them have haul-out facilities for a boat your size except maybe Kiel-Laboe (which is even further out of town)

Hope this helps...
Iodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:43   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyskien View Post
Hi.
PM me, i am in Kiel area
Kiel marinas often are crowded
Tellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:00   #5

... when will you be in the area and as others have asked do you mean 'on the hard' or inside a hall?

Yachtservice Schreiber: Über uns in the Kiel-Canal offers good prices and getting to Kiel is not much of a problem (guess you want to get the Kiel - Oslo ferry?)

Kiel-Schilksee offers no room on the hard (in summer), close by Strande does if you have something to repair, owned by Kiel Yacht-Club ...

Baltic Bay should be possible 'in summer' although not cheap ... Marina Baltic Bay - Schiffswerft Laboe im Yachtzentrum Baltic Bay Laboe

Carsten
CarstenWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:41   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
If your coming thru the Kiel canal and want to find something in the Kiel Fiord then Kiel-Schilksee is maybe your best bet: Hafenmeister

The location isn't that convenient but there is a bus in to town.

There are other marina's but I don't think any of them have haul-out facilities for a boat your size except maybe Kiel-Laboe (which is even further out of town)

Hope this helps...
Schilksee is olympic training center and therefore overcrowded in summer because of sailing competitions like:
Kieler Woche – June 20th to 28th 2015

With more and more world championships taking place in Kiel, the city emphasizes its application to host the Olympic and Paralympic games in 2024 or 2028. Just like in the previous year with a record number of participants for the ORC Worlds and the following SAP 505 Worlds, there will again be two high-class world championships as part of the extensive sailing program on the Kiel Fjord this year.

The sailing program in Kiel for 2015 will start with the Maior Regatta (1. to 3. May), followed by the Young Europeans Sailing (23. to 25. May) and the J/80 (4. to 10. July) and F18 World Championships (11. to 18. July). For three months, the focus will be completely on the high-end sailing sport. And the highlight will be once again - since 133 years - the Kieler Woche in the last week of June (20. to 28.).

IMHO only Baltic Bay Marina Laboe and Marina Wendtorf Bei uns dürfen Sie sich zuhause fühlen! | Marina Wendtorf are places to go, they got hardstandings and cranes.
Tellus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Denmark, Germany, storage