Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2012, 07:42   #1
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Don't Pay The Ferryman ...

Dunno if I'm allowed to do this... but then what the hell.... when have I ever cared about can and can'ts...
I would like to give my 'Mega Thanks' to Ex-Calif, Downunder, BobSadler, Simmo, Tartansail, TomCat1 and one Lurker for dipping their hands in their pockets in a serious way...
Well... its pretty serious to me at least... Thanks Guys very much appreciated it'll put a nice top up to my 'Pay the Lawyer' moment...
To those who offered to pay into a Trust Fund direct to my lawyer... sorry he will not go for it...
Basically they deal with commercial case's normally but my situation got his goat and he made an exception... no way am I going to push it
Others who offered on a short term loan basis... many thanks for the thought but this could drag on a while and boat delivery is my only income... and I can't work in OZ... wrong visa.
To the folk who are cheering me on... keep cheering guys... could be a long way home...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 07:45   #2
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Don't Pay The Ferryman...

****... they've even made a song....
Chris de Burgh - Don't Pay The Ferryman - YouTube

Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 16-10-2012, 07:49   #3
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: Don't Pay The Ferryman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
****... they've even made a song....
Chris de Burgh - Don't Pay The Ferryman - YouTube
One of Steve & J's favourites - or so I am told
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 08:09   #4
Armchair Bucketeer

Yer never know, a later delivery might involve bringing some Somalis to Oz......on an eat wot you can catch basis .
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 08:17   #5
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Yer never know, a later delivery might involve bringing some Somalis to Oz......on an eat wot you can catch basis .
If your saying I was slow bringing her over... 85 days were spent sitting on my ass waiting for bills to be paid.. and/or transiting the canal...
Funny enough the Canadian crew member had to do just that... mind he caught some nice Wahoo's....

Old 16-10-2012, 08:21   #6

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Boatman, Even Connie left this person a Nasty(at least for Connie) message on here, she's really upset by the whole thing ! as she told them in all the years we deliverd boats all over the Pacific, never had we run into a situation like this ! These folks should be greatly ashamed of there total disregard for fair treatment of a workman !! We were taught that a workman is worthy of his pay!! Folks in OZ have sure changed over the years ! used to be their word was good !! But things change ! In past years we were welcomed to their country ! and now with all the stuff ya have to go thru just to vist ! We don't ever plan to return there ! and thats to bad as we did enjoy the folks down there ! Hope these folks get there head out of the dark place they now have it stuck and do what they agreed to !! Hang in and we will see ya out and about one day !!
Old 16-10-2012, 08:26   #7
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
If your saying I was slow bringing her over... 85 days were spent sitting on my ass waiting for bills to be paid.. and/or transiting the canal...
Funny enough the Canadian crew member had to do just that... mind he caught some nice Wahoo's....
I was just speculating that given the Somali Pirates seem to be having a lean time of it in their traditional cruising grounds, that they might want to diversify into a longer trip - with a shore raiding party (looking for all they can eat) - and then back home to await the ransoms being paid ......and for that they might need a delivery skipper .
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 09:50   #8
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Dave.... ignore me... I'm sipping $2.99 Shiraz right now and its gone midnight...
SaucySailor will be sending me another AA Questionaire shortly...
Thanks heaps for the 'Fighting Fund' boost by the way... nice one mate...
My biggest belated 'Thanks' go to Geof aka 'Wotname' who has not only given me food and somewhere to rest my head... but also pocket money to feed my nicotine habit... keeps my stress levels from going through the roof... The guys a real hero... Good Karma in evil times... Thanks Geof.
Mind... the rest of you are pretty damn good as well...

Old 17-10-2012, 06:39   #9
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Hey Speakeasy... thanks for the donation mate...
What are you upto these days... long time no read...

Old 17-10-2012, 08:22   #10

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser

Hi Phil
Im not up to speed but I heard through the vine that you didnt get paid for the delivery.
I dont know the circumstances but its a shithouse trick for them to play and maybe you should pull the plug on that boat......literally
It doesnt matter where you are or what the law says, a deal is a deal and if they renage then you should get your fair dues
Old 17-10-2012, 08:47   #11
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
Hi Phil
Im not up to speed but I heard through the vine that you didnt get paid for the delivery.
I dont know the circumstances but its a shithouse trick for them to play and maybe you should pull the plug on that boat......literally
It doesnt matter where you are or what the law says, a deal is a deal and if they renage then you should get your fair dues
Too late... I'm off it... did try sailing it back to Florida but the Water Police caught me before I got to far....

Old 17-10-2012, 14:49   #12

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter

Hey Phil. Glad you're in one piece after a looong hump on that troublesome boat. Any word from the shysters about progress? Hopefully this won't take long and you can get home with your pay and drink it happily behind you. My boat's on the hard in La Paz and I'm goofing off in LA absorbing the media slough of despond of American politics. It requires good whiskey to keep down the toxicity. If you fly through here, you might want to stopover. I got a bed, meal and drinks for you if so. cheers, Jon
Old 17-10-2012, 15:27   #13

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27

Its 90 miles dead to weather from Bequia to Barbados. One Barbadian (Bajian) refused to pay for his delivery and his boat ended up back in Bequia. Of course, the police were not asked to get involved.
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 22:41   #14
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakeasy View Post
Hey Phil. Glad you're in one piece after a looong hump on that troublesome boat. Any word from the shysters about progress? Hopefully this won't take long and you can get home with your pay and drink it happily behind you. My boat's on the hard in La Paz and I'm goofing off in LA absorbing the media slough of despond of American politics. It requires good whiskey to keep down the toxicity. If you fly through here, you might want to stopover. I got a bed, meal and drinks for you if so. cheers, Jon
Hi Jon..
Glad you found an antidote to Rom'Bamaitis....
Heard from the attorney today.. the Briggs's are ignoring the letter of demand so I guess nows the time to play hard ball and turn the screws...
Oh Boy... am I looking forward to this... no more Mr Nice Guy...
Time to nail some serious 'Writs' on the mast...

Old 17-10-2012, 23:46   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

Always good to be able to take some control is it not, and be allowed off the leash a little. Keep us all informed by the way. There are more of us over the east side of the country who are willing you on i am sure.

Coops.