Old 03-11-2012, 04:46   #106

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Don't Pay The Ferryman...

And expensive.........
Old 04-11-2012, 06:00   #107
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Update: I spoke with Boatman today and it seems that the legal argy bargy is in full swing with is a good sign - at least the other party's lawyers are responding in normal fashion and the dance is in full swing.

As for Boaty himself, he was going batty sitting around my place waiting for the legals to sort themselves out so he has gone sailing for awhile; which is why he hasn't been posting anything recently. It was either go sailing or hit the rum

OK, just joking about the rum .

For those who are interested, in the last week he has completed 500 nm trip from Fremantle to Albany thus rounding his first southern hemisphere great cape (Cape Leeuwin) in a 40 year old 31' plywood sloop. Unfortunately the last 400 nm was completed without the aid of the autopilot so he is learning how to hand steer again .

In fact, it was so much fun, he now considering pushing on towards Hobart (another 1,400 nm) albeit with a autopilot - he is not a young as he thinks he is .

Maybe he is planning to get all 5 southern capes under his belt before he gets paid
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:12   #108

As Boatman hasn't had any internet access in the last week and probably won't get any for another couple of weeks, he asked me to post the following message on his behalf.

A huge thank you to everyone who has donated money to him. He wants you all to know how much this support (financial and moral) has meant to him. It has allowed him to stay in Australia and start the legal action to get his due payment. It has allowed him to feel somewhat financially independent. It has allowed him to borrow my boat and go for a sail. He is feeling good about getting a positive outcome.

Thanks to the great CF mob about the world who are cheering for Boaty .
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 04-11-2012, 11:25   #109
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname
Update: I spoke with Boatman today and it seems that the legal argy bargy is in full swing with is a good sign - at least the other party's lawyers are responding in normal fashion and the dance is in full swing.

As for Boaty himself, he was going batty sitting around my place waiting for the legals to sort themselves out so he has gone sailing for awhile; which is why he hasn't been posting anything recently. It was either go sailing or hit the rum

OK, just joking about the rum .

For those who are interested, in the last week he has completed 500 nm trip from Fremantle to Albany thus rounding his first southern hemisphere great cape (Cape Leeuwin) in a 40 year old 31' plywood sloop. Unfortunately the last 400 nm was completed without the aid of the autopilot so he is learning how to hand steer again .

In fact, it was so much fun, he now considering pushing on towards Hobart (another 1,400 nm) albeit with a autopilot - he is not a young as he thinks he is .

Maybe he is planning to get all 5 southern capes under his belt before he gets paid
And the lawyers are getting "rich" - as usual...

Sort of a shame when it comes to this but glad it is proceeding forward with positive signs.

You are home and Boaty is on your boat sailing - who's the victim here again? LOL...
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 16:51   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Calif View Post
And the lawyers are getting "rich" - as usual...

Sort of a shame when it comes to this but glad it is proceeding forward with positive signs.

You are home and Boaty is on your boat sailing - who's the victim here again? LOL...
Ain't that true - I am working to maintain a boat and Boaty is swanning around on it in the Southern Ocean
Old 04-11-2012, 21:51   #111

Boat: VandeStadt IOR 40' - Insatiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
<snip>...In fact, it was so much fun, he now considering pushing on towards Hobart (another 1,400 nm) albeit with a autopilot - he is not a young as he thinks he is...<snip>
If you get to Hobart, Boatman, send me a PM, I'll shout you dinner and a few beers...
Weyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 23:03   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyalan View Post
If you get to Hobart, Boatman, send me a PM, I'll shout you dinner and a few beers...
He should be there in about 2 weeks
So it's now official, I am handing him over to the care of Weyalan

He will drink Boags at a pinch although he prefers Fat Yak. If you want to make him feel welcome, try any cheap red or any rum
Old 05-11-2012, 00:01   #113

Late Breaking News:
Boaty has just heard about the promise of a feed and beers in Hobart and has decided to push off from Albany right away instead of waiting for the heavy rain periods and squally winds to ease overnight. After all, it is only 1,400 nm downwind!

He is a man on a mission
Old 05-11-2012, 02:00   #114

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Having experienced Patrick's (Weyalan's) hospitality, I can say that it is worth a few rain periods and squalls. You will be in good hands, Boatie!

Have one (or two) for me!

cheers,'

Jim
Old 05-11-2012, 03:49   #115

Boat: O'Day 28

Betcha he's got a gal named Shelia waiting in every port.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:20   #116

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter

Good on you for lending him your boat, Wotname. Phil is a real waterman I guess, and needs the sea to keep his head straight.
Old 05-11-2012, 14:19   #117

Boat: Able 50

I reckon it's because wotname snores . . . . . . . . . on the other hand maybe boatman is the snorer.
savoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 16:01   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoir View Post
I reckon it's because wotname snores . . . . . . . . . on the other hand maybe boatman is the snorer.
Pretty hard to tell which really; we never got that close to find out
Old 05-11-2012, 16:03   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakeasy View Post
Good on you for lending him your boat, Wotname. Phil is a real waterman I guess, and needs the sea to keep his head straight.
All jokes aside, there is more than a grain of truth in what you say
Old 05-11-2012, 16:25   #120

Boat: Able 50

Well I sure hope he remembers to come back. Tassie has some mighty tasty beer you know.
savoir is offline   Reply With Quote