Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-04-2013, 13:33   #1

Documenting Ocean Wilderness - Help me publish this book!

Hey everybody-

It's been a while since I posted; about a year ago I was seeking advice on beginning a sailing adventure of my own. I got wonderful encouragement and suggestions. I'm happy to report I'll be joining a friend on his Sabre 34 on a 6-month cruise from Raiatea to New Zealand.

I'm hoping to make the trip a little more meaningful beyond my own experience. I thought a worthwhile project would be a creative endeavor that could educate and inform the non-sailing world of the vastness, complexity and beauty of the marine environment. There's so much out there that the public never gets to see. The product will be a book of photography and essays that seek to capture the essence of ocean wilderness, an environment you all know well.

To help fund the production of the book I launched a campaign on Indiegogo, a crowdfunding website. I've got a more complete explanation of the project and a short video up on my page (also attached here). If you have 2 extra minutes I'd love if you took a peek.

The URL is: igg.me/at/oceanwilderness or search Ocean Wilderness on Indiegogo.com, Vimeo, or YouTube. Share the link with anybody who might be interested in marine habitats, cultures and the risks they face.

Thanks everybody for the encouragement, support and endless knowledge this forum provides.

Tyler
Attached Files
Perepetia is offline   Reply With Quote