Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2015, 22:23   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Re: Charter Advice Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingoneday View Post
One other lesson I learned was that when I tried to phone the check out guy from the supplied emergency phone that they left me, I kept getting a recorded message from a Spanish women. I think, but I'm not sure, it was an advertisement for cellular service in Mexico.
Might have accidentally given you the phone for his "other" tourist business - Olay!
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 16:41   #17

Boat: Lagoon 420

Hey there BB, good to see you were back out there sailing! I'd say you should have some consideration on this from the charter company but as others have said they have your money so it's a big if that will happen. Your credit card company might help.

We chartered in St. Lucia last January and had a one day delay on a two week charter due to maintenance to repair a problem with the main sail car and track. They refunded us a full day. But we were a repeat customer and had some other problems on the trip which we managed on our own without complaining so had that in our favor.

Keep at it and maybe find some more reputable charter companies to work with.

All the Best!
Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is you know - it's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs. But what a ship is...really is, is freedom. ~Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow
krafthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 19:05   #18

Boat: Acapulco 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by krafthaus View Post
Hey there BB, good to see you were back out there sailing! I'd say you should have some consideration on this from the charter company but as others have said they have your money so it's a big if that will happen. Your credit card company might help.

We chartered in St. Lucia last January and had a one day delay on a two week charter due to maintenance to repair a problem with the main sail car and track. They refunded us a full day. But we were a repeat customer and had some other problems on the trip which we managed on our own without complaining so had that in our favor.

Keep at it and maybe find some more reputable charter companies to work with.

All the Best!
At least for a day I was!!! Good to here from you as well.. Next time I'm in Toontown, I' ll give you a heads up and perhaps we can meet for dinner! I'll buy.
Cruisingoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 15:23   #19

Boat: Lagoon 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingoneday View Post
At least for a day I was!!! Good to here from you as well.. Next time I'm in Toontown, I' ll give you a heads up and perhaps we can meet for dinner! I'll buy.
Sounds good Barry. Send me an email or PM here.
Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is you know - it's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs. But what a ship is...really is, is freedom. ~Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow
krafthaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter