Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2020, 22:45   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 9
Broadblue 385 Sliding Door

Hi - the sliding door on our Broadblue 385 has progressively got harded to slide, close and lock. It now will not close at all.

We noticed that several large ball berrings are lodged behind the glass at floor level. We have tried to lift the door out without success. We have also been unable to dislodge the fallen ball berrings.

I have tried looking in the owners manual for advice on how to remove and fix the door but could't find anything.

Has anyone else had and solved this problem?

Tks
BB
BraveBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 08:44   #2
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Boston Massachusetts, USA
Boat: Broadblue 385
Posts: 6
Re: Broadblue 385 Sliding Door

We have noticed more force is needed to close the sliding door, but for us still considering a reasonable amount of force. So perhaps we will get to your state in a near future. I wll take a look at our door later this week to see if I can spot anything. Sorry this is not helping you much.
BTW, our 385 is 2006 model.
SvFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 09:03   #3
Senior Cruiser
 
tkeithlu's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Carrabelle, Florida
Boat: Fiberglas shattering 44' steel trawler
Posts: 2,514
Re: Broadblue 385 Sliding Door

Brave Bear, could you post some pictures? There's something wrong in there (those ball bearing were supposed to be doing something), and it's not going to be rocket science to fix, but without photgraphs it's hard to make suggestions.
__________________
Never let anything mechanical know that you are in a hurry.
tkeithlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 14:44   #4
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 9
Re: Broadblue 385 Sliding Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvFree View Post
We have noticed more force is needed to close the sliding door, but for us still considering a reasonable amount of force. So perhaps we will get to your state in a near future. I wll take a look at our door later this week to see if I can spot anything. Sorry this is not helping you much.
BTW, our 385 is 2006 model.
Tks SvFree - ours is a 2008 model. As with most sliding doors, i think the trick is working out how to remove the door to do maintenance and then successfully get it back in place.
BraveBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 16:09   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 9
Re: Broadblue 385 Sliding Door

Tks tkeithlu

See attached. Might be hard to see but ballberrings have fallen to bottom of glass and impact sliding. Cannot get them out without removing the door. Think we have to dismantle the top pelmet somehow.

Kind regards
BB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16008157882135746414307952556928.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	223985   Click image for larger version

Name:	16008158303331781623908702024446.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	414.1 KB
ID:	223986  

Click image for larger version

Name:	16008158602218770531801073586509.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	407.6 KB
ID:	223987   Click image for larger version

Name:	16008159200703305205514523787206.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	223988  

Click image for larger version

Name:	16008159579551154778003432358511.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	406.0 KB
ID:	223989   Click image for larger version

Name:	16008160278578358917095537052250.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	336.7 KB
ID:	223990  

BraveBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 08:15   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 19
Re: Broadblue 385 Sliding Door

Following as I am planning to order a BB346 next year which also has a sliding door. Have you contacted Mark Jarvis at Broadblue (broadblue@hotmail.co.uk) for advice?
Ifitsworthdoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 09:04   #7
Registered User
 
Dooglas's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oregon City, OR
Boat: 37 Uniflite Coastal Cruiser
Posts: 609
Re: Broadblue 385 Sliding Door

No experience with these, but some experience with the sliding glass doors in Uniflites. Those turn out to be not dissimilar to patio sliding glass doors. That is to say that they adjust with cams that allow the doors to be raised and lowered in their tracks. They are removed by lowering the adjustments, and raising the doors until they swing out of the lower track. In the case of the Uniflite installations, a trim piece at the top and bottom must be removed to allow the door panels to be removed.
Dooglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 10:58   #8
Registered User

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4
Re: Broadblue 385 Sliding Door

All the windows & doors on BB 385's were supplied by Seaglaze 24 Wendover Rd , Norwich NR13 6LH UK tel 01603 720745 sales@seaglaze.co.uk ,,They are really helpful with all enquiries . all windows & doors have a pt no etched into the glass & it helps to quote this when you talk with them ,,,Good Luck
Paul Carey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 12:26   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2015
Boat: Lagoon 410
Posts: 11
Re: Broadblue 385 Sliding Door

I have a Logoon 410 that I had to remove the sliding door. I'm not on the boat at this time to see how I did this. The two guides at the top of the door had to be released to allow me to raise the door high enough to clear the bottom track. The bottom of the door could then be pulled aft, allowing the top to be removed from the top track. It took me a while to figure out how to release the top guides.
Yours may not be the same be it's worth a try.
lagoon410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 18:26   #10
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 9
Re: Broadblue 385 Sliding Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifitsworthdoing View Post
Following as I am planning to order a BB346 next year which also has a sliding door. Have you contacted Mark Jarvis at Broadblue (broadblue@hotmail.co.uk) for advice?
Tks ifitsworthdojng, i have sent an email to Mark st BB. He provided some good advice when we were buying. Kind regards. BB
BraveBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 18:29   #11
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 9
Re: Broadblue 385 Sliding Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooglas View Post
No experience with these, but some experience with the sliding glass doors in Uniflites. Those turn out to be not dissimilar to patio sliding glass doors. That is to say that they adjust with cams that allow the doors to be raised and lowered in their tracks. They are removed by lowering the adjustments, and raising the doors until they swing out of the lower track. In the case of the Uniflite installations, a trim piece at the top and bottom must be removed to allow the door panels to be removed.
Tks Dooglas - we are giving this a go now. All the bedt. BB
BraveBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 18:33   #12
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 9
Re: Broadblue 385 Sliding Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Carey View Post
All the windows & doors on BB 385's were supplied by Seaglaze 24 Wendover Rd , Norwich NR13 6LH UK tel 01603 720745 sales@seaglaze.co.uk ,,They are really helpful with all enquiries . all windows & doors have a pt no etched into the glass & it helps to quote this when you talk with them ,,,Good Luck
Tks Paul - this is helpful. We will contact the supplier with a hope of getting diagramatic installation instructions. All the bedt. BB
BraveBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 18:43   #13
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 9
Re: Broadblue 385 Sliding Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoon410 View Post
I have a Logoon 410 that I had to remove the sliding door. I'm not on the boat at this time to see how I did this. The two guides at the top of the door had to be released to allow me to raise the door high enough to clear the bottom track. The bottom of the door could then be pulled aft, allowing the top to be removed from the top track. It took me a while to figure out how to release the top guides.
Yours may not be the same be it's worth a try.
Tks Lagoon410, we are giving this a go now. Kind regards BB
BraveBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
Broadblue

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sliding Door Lock - Broadblue 42 Amihan59 General Sailing Forum 2 31-10-2018 13:33
Broadblue 385 - what's great about it and what's not so great Rightboat Multihull Sailboats 5 16-11-2013 07:55
Prout Escale 39, Edel Helios 38, Edel 43, Broadblue 385 klaus53123 Multihull Sailboats 19 29-03-2013 03:20
Swinging Door vs Sliding Door delmarrey Construction, Maintenance & Refit 8 08-04-2012 18:19
Broadblue 385 - One Owner's Pros & Cons kcrane Multihull Sailboats 32 19-07-2010 13:06

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:58.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.