Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2018, 14:54   #1

Boat Loan Financing Into New Loan

I bought a used 1999 Sea Ray in 2010 for $350,000. At the time I financed the loan for 15 years at about a 6 percent interest rate. I thought that was a really good rate considering it was my first boat purchase and the boat was an older boat. I found this rate through a local bank.

Now we are sitting at 7 years later and I still owe about 200,000 on the loan but I would like to refinance the loan and see if I can both get a better rate, but also free up some monthly cash flow since the loan is smaller now. I think I could save $1,000 on the new boat loan based on this calculator. I'd like to refinance into another 15 year loan. I have good credit(who can buy a 350,000 boat with bad credit). I haven't shopped around on the value of my boat but I believe the boat is still above water on the loan. I'm guessing the boat is probably valued at about $225K to 250K.

With all this considered, I believe i could get a refinancing deal on the boat. I didn't shop around much for my first loan but I want to shop interest rates this time around. Does anyone have any suggestions or can you share your experiences on what lender you would recommend using?
BoatForMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, financing, loa